True Romance

frz666

Established Member
Reaction score
on tonite at 10pm C4

very good, if not a bit too gory in places, but enjoyable nonetheless:cool:

Great film, if only Tony got more subject matter as good as this he could rival his bro

Hated it.

Found it dull & uninteresting, with a few brief moments of intreague.

I've never heard True Romance described as 'dull' before.

Were you watching the right film?

Lol, yep. I was expecting to like it, but I just lost interest about 15 minutes into the movie. Wandered off & made myself some food. Came back about 20 minutes before the end & realised I hadn't really missed anything worth watching.

Oh, right! So you didn't actually watch the film! That explains why you didn't like it...

It's a little slow to start, but once it gets going, boy does it get going. It hardly lets you pause for breath. It probably doesn't have the finest ending ever made, but the majority of the film is all-action.

You might want to try watching the film, then seeing if your opinion changes.

*spoiler alert*

I was up to the point when the newly weds' visit the crazy old man living in a caravan when I left the movie.

I saw one or two scenes after this (the same crazy old man being interrogated by the people who owned the drugs - amusing but not a brilliant scene), Brad Pitt's pot-head character. And then re-joined the film toward the end at the meeting with the film producer.

Originally posted by Dimmy
Hated it.

Found it dull & uninteresting, with a few brief moments of intreague.

bit like Kill Bill then :D

Lol, yep. I was expecting to like it, but I just lost interest about 15 minutes into the movie. Wandered off & made myself some food. Came back about 20 minutes before the end & realised I hadn't really missed anything worth watching.

Haha. Isn't that what everyone else says about the Matrix sequels!

Originally posted by figrin_dan
Haha. Isn't that what everyone else says about the Matrix sequels!

But I don't start hurling abuse at you for liking True Romance do I now :D

*spoiler alert*

I was up to the point when the newly weds' visit the crazy old man living in a caravan when I left the movie.

I saw one or two scenes after this (the same crazy old man being interrogated by the people who owned the drugs - amusing but not a brilliant scene)...

The "crazy old man (Dennis Hopper) being interrogated by the people who owned the drugs (Christopher Walken, et al)" scene is regarded as one of the greatest scenes in modern film by quite a few people. (myself included)

Definitely in my top 50 films of all time. :smashin: True Romance obviously isn't for everyone, but if you thought it was boring, you might want to give it another chance.

My sentiments exactly. Christopher Walken vrs. Dennis Hopper. Fantastic scene. Excellent dialogue.

*spoiler alert*

I saw one or two scenes after this (the same crazy old man being interrogated by the people who owned the drugs - amusing but not a brilliant scene), Brad Pitt's pot-head character. And then re-joined the film toward the end at the meeting with the film producer.

***** SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT ***************

I thought the scene where Dennis Hopper was being interrogated by Christopher Walken was one of the best scripted and best acted scenes I have ever seen. The moment where DH realises that his best option is to die as quickly as possible is awesome. The dialogue that then ensues is a remarkable mixture of sinister intent and black humour that I have rarely seen matched in any other film.

Originally posted by Azrikam

Definitely in my top 50 films of all time. :smashin:

Probably in my top 10, Fantastic film. One of those classic films you Love or Hate. :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

Lol @ "Black humour".

The goodbye kiss between Dennis Hopper & 'Alabama' was probably the highlight of the film for me. Without it the interrogation scene IMHO holds no weight what so ever.

also one of my favourites. Quality script and quality actors sprinkled throughout.

The interrogation scene is indeed a classic piece of Walken cinema. Hopper is more understated than in many of his other films, but plays this scene to perfection.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom