True Romance (1993) Limited Edition 4K UHD

My Amazon order came today. Smashed to bits. Disc ok. Full refund but now I decide whether to reorder

My steelbook just got charged by Zavvi so it looks like they’re finally on their way

They also replied to my enquiry about my order:

Hello

Thanks for getting in touch about order xxxxxxxxxx.

This order is currently going through our dispatch process as we speak. Once dispatched you will receive a confirmation email.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Watched this tonight. Beautiful. Another cracking 4K release 👍👍👍

Looks great but the 5.1 mix is over aggressive luckily the 2.0 track is all good.

trueromance01.jpg

trueromance02.jpg

Not a bargain £59.99 www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184960730766

Not really a fan of this but seen Quentin talking about it a few weeks back so maybe I should give it another look after all these years. Never owned the Blu-ray.

Also had a £10 off voucher at Amazon which sweetens the deal :D

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
After cancelling my order because arrow have let me down a bit lately (and Amazon with pre orders) I saw all the reviews and got myself a copy. Going to watch tonight

Well I eat my words, arrow delivered on this one. I’m halfway through and the 4K transfer is great. The colours especially the reds really pop on my Sony A80.
I forgot how good this movie is

was this weeks sunday movie at chateau hibs
most enjoyable, had forgotten what a stellar cast it was
a shame you cant get a branched version with the alternate ending as much prefer that

was this weeks sunday movie at chateau hibs
most enjoyable, had forgotten what a stellar cast it was
a shame you cant get a branched version with the alternate ending as much prefer that

The alternative ending is included as an extra, but with 0nly stereo 2 channel audio. They do however include 2 commentarie track, one by both Tony Scott and another by Quentin Tarantino for it.

Zavvi have their Steelbook deluxe back in stock. With code REDDIT made it just over £37 delivered, very happy with that price.

The alternative ending is included as an extra, but with 0nly stereo 2 channel audio. They do however include 2 commentarie track, one by both Tony Scott and another by Quentin Tarantino for it.
oh aye, know it's there, as well as several extended & a deleted scene to two, hence my wish you could play a branched version to have it as the ending

My Amazon order came today. Smashed to bits. Disc ok. Full refund but now I decide whether to reorder
I stopped ordering films online ages ago because of the frequent gamble whether or not I'd be greeted with a smashed up film. Honestly you're better off just walking in to a HMV and buying straight off of the shelf!

Last edited:
I stopped ordering films online ages ago because of frequent gamble whether or not I'd be greeted with a smashed up film. Honestly you're better off just walking in to a HMV and buying straight off of the shelf!

would normally but difficult with work. 99% of the time they come no issues. Got this for free In the end so can’t complain …… too much

Still 3 in stock £39.99 here

1.png

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Standard Edition now up for pre-order.
Release date: 18th October 2021.

Links added to OP.

Attachments

• TR_UHD_standard.jpg
    TR_UHD_standard.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 46
  • TR_UHD_standard (reverse cover).jpg
    TR_UHD_standard (reverse cover).jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Just opened my LE up bit surprised there's no "UHD" or even Blu-ray logos on the outer case suppose it's cheaper for the printer bill. Nice to see there's a reversible artwork though.

Looks a damn fine transfer.

trueromance.JPG

Watched this tonight after not having seen it for years, it was viewed (and quoted) to ad nauseam in my youth.
It didn’t disappoint, it’s still a whirlwind of my favourite things in one superb film.
Looked and sounded great too.
Still looking for my Alabama, must have gotten through the other 49 states by now !

Finally got round to buying this the other day and watched it last night. It's a mighty fine transfer. What stands out is how vivid the colours are, especially when they get to LA. From Alabama's red lipstick and vibrant outfits to the neon blues early in the film colours just have tremendous pop, allied to solid black levels. Skin tones are perfect too. A tad soft in places maybe but overall very filmic and it looks great. The film itself is still as good as I remember, it's been a long time since I last saw it.

Last edited:
Got mine for $30 USD & it arrived this arvo:

view

PXL_20220723_181431942.jpg

This packaging format is identical to the UHD Dune that I bought last year:
postcards
reversible cover
booklet
poster

I plastered-patched the wall where the poster will go today, paint tomorrow, & then decide which side to show on Monday. I was leaning toward showing the photo side instead of the drawing, until I found out I could reverse the cover on the disc case.

I was a little surprised it's only one disc.
The steelbook comes with two.

I'll probably see True Romance in UHD at Best Buy in a few months for under $20.
Happened with Dune, but in that case the version on the Best Buy shelf only has one disc & my set has 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom