True Romance: Limited Edition 4K UHD

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Mine just dropped, having a quick look though the booklet, man, they all look so young.
Will have to keep this for later as the sun is not helping my oled, but red neons are popping already!
A5B521E7-7AA4-4F97-A210-5A8D16BE16B1.jpeg

dante01

Distinguished Member
Drop Amazon a line or phone them asking where it is? The worst that could happen is that they give you a £5 gift token for any inconvenience caused.

Stress than you are a Prime customer and were expecting delivery today.

Hold on, just realised that your order isn't due for delivery until 26th July.

I'd hang on in until then.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Amazon too, was dispatched Saturday but delayed yesterday (in fairness it’s not out until today). Their predicted dated date before it was dispatched was way out (July 26th) but was corrected later

dante01

Distinguished Member
Normally (and you mileage may vary) whenever I get a Saturday despatch from Amazon for a Monday release like clockwork on a Sunday I get a "there has been a delay in transit for your delivery" and it then is delivered on Monday. Never has one of these made it to me on a Sunday.

REceiver an Amazon delivery yesterday that I'd ordered on Saturday. No problems and was delivered as stated.

Last edited:

Regtastical

Spoke to Amazon CS - they told me it would arrive 26th, I gave some stink and then got a push notification on my phone that it just got dispatched and will arrive tomorrow o_O very weird ¯\(ツ)

dante01

Distinguished Member
Spoke to Amazon CS - they told me it would arrive 26th, I gave some stink and then got a push notification on my phone that it just got dispatched and will arrive tomorrow o_O very weird ¯\(ツ)

Moan about being a Prime customer and they usually give you a £5 discount off your next purchase :)

Lateralusuk

Moan about being a Prime customer and they usually give you a £5 discount off your next purchase :)
Got to love Amazon customer service. You can message them to say you're a prime member and annoyed cause it's raining outside and they'll give you a voucher 😂

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
No payment taken from Zavvi yet for the steelbook. Has anyone had the steelbook sent yet? I ordered this the day it was put up for sale.

I received the steelbook from Zavvi this afternoon.

dante01

Distinguished Member
No payment taken from Zavvi yet for the steelbook. Has anyone had the steelbook sent yet? I ordered this the day it was put up for sale.

I'm still awaiting the order to be precessed and dispatched and I too have had it pre ordered for quite some time. No payment has been taken.

zantarous

Distinguished Member
Just finished watching this, this is one of the few films I rewatch over and over again every few years. watching this 4K version was such a treat. Not sure if I have ever seen the Directors cut, I am sure I must have as that is what is on the DVD that I have. The changes are so small and subtle that they don't really change the film if you didn't know where there and looks like it was mostly a MPAA thing.

The film is wonderful as ever, Christian Slater is so cool, Patricia Arquette well in that red dress I would have married her too after just one day. Denis Hopper and Christopher Walken act like they are making some Oscar bait movie with one of the most memorable scenes in modern film.

The casting of this movie is insanely off the chart in hindsight, it is a Whose Who of modern Hollywood I mean even Michael Rapport got his own sitcom.

It has been 3 or 4 years since I last watched this and that would have been an ill-fated Christmas where I took a copy to my cousins place and watched it with some of his nephews, kids that were in their late teens and early 20s and we had to turn it off after half an hour as they said "this is boring." 😯

But for me this still holds up and is a pleasure to watch each and every time. Looking forward to the commentaries and the extras.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Just watched it, first time in…must be over a decade. In the mid 90’s we watched this so many times that tonight it was like I was sitting round the table with the cast on our last read through before shooting, the lines just kept coming to me :)

Still a fantastic movie, as mentioned, what a cast, even Pitt as the stoner, when watching Once upon a time in Hollywood, that final scene brought me right back to this film.

Looking forward to the commentaries too, listened to the Joe Rogan - Tarantino pod the other day (great listen/watch).

Transfer looked great, nice grain throughout, the reds really pop, the neon, Alabama’s clothes, blood all really pop. Closeups showed a lot of detail, the Sicilian history lesson looked better than I can remember.
Tony’s lovely sun soaked vistas look a little soft but overall really happy with the transfer.
Just need QT to make coming home in a body bag now :)
And to top it all, such a great score, not just zimmers beautiful music but the other songs, flashbacks to my youth …man, feeling old!

Last edited:

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
True Romance might just have the best collection of characters out of all QT scripts. Guys like nice but dim Dick Ritchie, ass kissing dork Elliot Blitzer, buddy cop double act Nicky and Cody - love Tom Sizemore here - and Lee Donowitz (apparently based on Joel Silver!).

metalpaul1000

well mine got “lost” from Amazon.
Got a new one being sent for delivery tomorrow.
Eager to watch this again

jason1wood

Received the Zavvi Deluxe yesterday and love all the little extras.
Watched last night, not seen for years and years. All came flooding back. Fantastic storyline, actors all in glorious 4k, little bit of grain and colours popping. Just need all of QT back catalogue transfered over, but in the meantime, I'm revisiting my fav director in Blu.
Long live QT. 👌👏

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I'd love Kill Bill on UHD, would look amazing, but for Tony Scott, would be nice to see some of his classics make the move to UHD, Enemy of the State/Spy Game/Man on Fire to name a few... Having grown up with his films, his signature look really takes me back when watching them.

Broadsword

Amazon are now out of stock with a delivery date of 31st August. Zavvi still have not sent my steelbook which was ordered on 30th April. I doubt I will see this anytime soon now. The one disc I wanted for years and they muck it up for me.

GrazzaB

Amazon are now out of stock with a delivery date of 31st August. Zavvi still have not sent my steelbook which was ordered on 30th April. I doubt I will see this anytime soon now. The one disc I wanted for years and they muck it up for me.

My steelbook hasn’t been sent yet either and like you I ordered it months ago. I think a lot of people are in the same situation so don’t worry I’m sure it will get sent out soon.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I too am still awaiting my steelbook order to be processed and dispatched. I've contacted Zavvi asking when or if this order will be dispatched?

Last edited:

kahlua

same here, contacted zavvi yesterday asking when it might be dispatched and got reply we are very busy,and have had record orders ,bla bla

GrazzaB

I had originally ordered the limited edition box version but cancelled it as I didn’t really like the art for that (or the deluxe). I’m not normally a fan of ‘big head’ art at all, but I think the front and back are really nicely done on the standard steelbook.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PrimaLuna debuts Evo 300 Hybrid integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern announces AK ZERO1 in ear monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches MI1250 power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 13th October 2021