True Romance: Limited Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - Deff.com - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 19/07/2021

TR_4K_LE.jpg

TR_LE_4K (contents).jpg

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

New 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Directors Cut from the original camera negatives by Arrow Films Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck

60 page perfect bound collectors booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Morgan and Nicholas Clement, a 2008 Maxim oral history featuring interviews with cast and crew, and Edgar Wrights 2012 eulogy for Tony Scott

Double sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck

Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions

4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of both cuts
Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround
audio Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

Audio commentary by director Tony Scott

Audio commentary by writer Quentin Tarantino Audio commentary by stars Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette

Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas Select scene commentaries by stars Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport

Brand new select scene commentary by star Saul Rubinek

New interview with costume designer Susan Becker
New interview with co-editor Michael Tronick
New interview with co\-composers Mark Mancina and John Van Tongeren
New interview with Larry Taylor, author of Tony Scott: A Filmmaker on Fire New interview with Daniel Storm, co-founder of the annual True Romance Fest and owner of the original Cadillac

Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Tony Scott
Alternate ending with optional commentaries by Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino

Electronic press kit featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Tony Scott, Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman

Trailers and TV spots

Image galleries

* EXTRAS STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE *

Steelbook options...

Standard: True Romance (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Deluxe: True Romance: Deluxe Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:

steviedr

Distinguished Member
They got everything here from a diddled-eyed joe to damned if I know.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Will wait for a standard edition but definitely a buy. At last a new 4K release that's interesting!

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Yeah, those beautiful Tony Scott hazy skies throughout the film deserve some wcg/hdr love!

5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
21.jpg
1.jpg

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Tremendous. Simply love this film. what great news

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Standard collectors uhd for me, not sure if the booklet is worth £8-10 but I want it all the same ...

HMTB

probably tat-free edition for me, unless I cave....and given it'll likely be a bit of a wait, I for the standard version, I probably will.

Garioch

Distinguished Member
I'm not usually swayed by tat and don't particularly like steelbooks. But my word does that deluxe edition look stunning. It looks like it has a different poster to the non-steelbook limited edition but otherwise very similar?

I remember I had the Region 1 DVD (had more extras compared with the region 2 release at the time) which I loaned to a friend and never got back. I can finally stop bearing a grudge.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
So the Steelbook Delux has got everything from the Collectors Edition?

I'm not usually swayed by tat and don't particularly like steelbooks. But my word does that deluxe edition look stunning. It looks like it has a different poster to the non-steelbook limited edition but otherwise very similar?

Both editions have the same booklet and 6 double-sided postcards but the Deluxe steelbook has a blu-ray copy, two different posters, an extra postcard and a "Clarence/Alabama" tattoo sticker.

Clock'd 0ne

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen this but its been on my watch list for years, so I've got my pre-order in from Arrow and I'm sure I'll be in for a treat!

HMTB

what exactly does everyone do with the standard postcards and posters?

And an Alabama/Clarence sticker?! Do they think we’re 5? I’m not having a go though, I’m delighted this is getting remastered and released.

That said, I’ve decided to pre-order when live on Amazon as July is already a long time away and I’m guessing (from past standard releases) that these won’t be released till 4 months later.

dante01

Distinguished Member
probably tat-free edition for me, unless I cave....and given it'll likely be a bit of a wait, I for the standard version, I probably will.

There's no standard version as such and all the versions Arrow are releasing are limited edition. You can however already pre prder a more standard variat via Zavvi:

Just 1 disc in a regular case with a slipcover. Release Date: 19 July.

It should maybe also be mentioned that the actual extras you'll get aren't finalised yet and may differ to those advertised. I'd surmise that you'll probably get more as opposed to less. Kind of makes you wonder how they are managing to fit to UHD fims and the extras all on one disc?

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
what exactly does everyone do with the standard postcards and posters?

And an Alabama/Clarence sticker?! Do they think we’re 5? I’m not having a go though, I’m delighted this is getting remastered and released.

That said, I’ve decided to pre-order when live on Amazon as July is already a long time away and I’m guessing (from past standard releases) that these won’t be released till 4 months later.

The Deluxe version is no longer available via Amazon.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
There's no standard version as such and all the versions Arrow are releasing are limited edition. You can however already pre prder a more standard variat via Zavvi:

Just 1 disc in a regular case with a slipcover. Release Date: 19 July.

That is the limited edition set and not just a regular case with slipcover.
Standard edition will come months later.

HMTB

The Deluxe version is no longer available via Amazon.
I don't think this has appeared for pre-order on Amazon yet has it? Haven't seen it and I looked at 3.30pm. I know that Eureka pre-orders tend to go live on their site first and then appear on Amazon a day or two later. I had assumed that was going to be the case here too....

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
I don't think this has appeared for pre-order on Amazon yet has it? Haven't seen it and I looked at 3.30pm. I know that Eureka pre-orders tend to go live on their site first and then appear on Amazon a day or two later. I had assumed that was going to be the case here too....

Nope, none of the Arrow announcements have gone live yet at Amazon, they like to take their time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Harman Luxury Audio Group releases updated MusicLife app
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Q Acoustics announces Q Active app availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL introduces Roku smart TVs for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco Audio introduces new N100-H50 digital music library