true romance directors cut se

keyser

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the differences between True Romance Directors cut... and True Romance directors cut : the special edition??

AFAIK, there are no differences in the movie itself, only in the extras. The SE has some additional extras, including an alternative ending, from what I hear.

As i have the SE.

Squirrel, you are spot on...........;)

Cheers
Kev

Is the newer version.. special edition not digitally remastered or in anomorphic an not the other on.. or in dts 5.1.. and not the other one??

Digitally remastered..................Yes

Anormorphic.............................Yes

DTS...........................................Yes

DD............................................Yes

Cheers
Kev:D

Keyser,

I have the older director's cut as you might have guessed. It is anamorphic and DD5.1. I hope you are not considering buying that one though, as the SE is a good price and should be the only one you purchase now. (If I did not own True Romance at all, I would buy the SE now without hesitation).

http://www2.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=2942

Only £12.99 delivered ;) You may even be able to pick it up cheaper than that.

I have the older one and was wondering if i should sell that one and buy the new one.

The cover of mine sais it´s letterboxed.. nothing about anamorphic. It is dolby digital.. but sais nothing about 5.1. And I see nothing about it being digitally remastered. BUTif it is all of that.. anamorphic , 5.1 and digitally remastered... then I see no reason to change. Am only interrested in picture and sound quality.

I didn't have the older one. So i now have the SE.

If i where you...............stick with what you've got;)

Cheers
Kev

I agree with Mozzer. If all you care about is the movie, then stick with what you got.

BTW, it definitely is anamorphic mate - if it wasn't, I would've binned it. I'm amazed you can't tell just from watching it :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom