True Romance 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

The scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken is up there with the very best!
Agree totally, this one of those movies scenes that lives very long in the memory - incredible acting from both of them.

Agree totally, this one of those movies scenes that lives very long in the memory - incredible acting from both of them.

Its what sold me on the film when i first watched it years ago, plus Alabama of course :)

1629439040304.png

That long since I saw it I cant remember Data being in it :eek:

Last edited:
Watched this the other week. Some soft scenes but overall really good transfer. Haven’t seen this in years and still enjoyable to this day.
Favourite scene is with Christopher walken. So good

Im waiting for the bog standard amaray. That's one reason why...

Not interested in the alternative ending with the Daleks?

The artwork associated with the Zavvi exclusive steelbook is better:

13053711-6284859063854518-1.jpg

Im waiting for the bog standard amaray. That's one reason why...

And surprising to see Jack Sparrow and Keir Starmer involed too :eek:
Labour getting on all sorts of covers, I had to swap to Quaker Oats from Scott's as they put Ed Miliband on their cover in a skirt on the mobile hailing a taxi rather than that shot putter in a kilt.:mad: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Zavvi sent me the steelbook version instead of the limited edition :facepalm::rotfl:

Standard (ie non special edition) version now available for pre-order.
It appears to be the same price as the special edition was, £29.99

Amazon product ASIN B09GJHSPHV

Can't believe how awful that artwork is. :confused:

71F50kYhbGL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

The standard edition is currently available for just £14.99 in HMV's Arrow Easter sale.

I bought it and sadly for me not as good as I remember like most films from my teens! Brad Pitt still steals the show though

I bought it and sadly for me not as good as I remember like most films from my teens! Brad Pitt still steals the show though
Got to be honest..last time I saw it I felt the same which is why I havent rushed to buy it on 4K yet.

Watched the 4K disc version last night (rental). The last format I owned this on was VHS, so this was slightly better :D

I wasn't completely enamoured with this when I first saw it in the cinema, but its grown on me over the years. First time watching it since VHS days last night. Look good, not amazing. Plenty of soft, hazy scenes. Sounds was disappointing for a 5.1 mix. Hardly much going on in the surround channels.

The film was good to see again, and the dialogue was great. I wonder if some of the dialogue and scenes would be "allowed" if being made today? The Hopper / Walken scene is just movie magic and pure Tarantino.

Not sure I'd buy it again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom