true lies

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waching this on itv at the moment reminds me of how much i really want a special edition of this on dvd,its excellent and i remember talk of a 5 star version being made by fox but being shelved due to 9-11.....anyone have updated news?

Fox have dropped their 5-Star 'brand', but the SE of 'True Lies' is still on the cards. It's due late '03, or more likely early '04. (From a very recent on-line chat with Fox big-wigs).

ITV's done its usual trick of removing some of the violence from it i see, i've only had it on for a minute and has completely removed the scene where harry starts thinkin' of hitting that guy in the face when they're driving along :mad:
Spunky

just noticed the whole bit was missing where he smashes bill paxton in the face with his elbow in the car.....pathetic isnt it.

The worst case of ITV censoring I ever saw was the day after the 9/11 attacks - they were showing Disney's 3 musketeers and they cut out a scene with an explosion in it! No one was even hurt in the scene, it was just some gunpowder blowing up! :rolleyes: :mad:
Most pointless film I ever saw on ITV was Robocop - it was about ten minutes long! :rolleyes:

okay, you can have your thread back now! :D

LINK!:

[Peter Staddon of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment]....

"........... True Lies will not be until late 2003 or possibly 2004. a lot depends on Lightstorms involvement. I think it will be a great disc when it , eventually, makes it out."

Is this a new version as it is has been out and still can be picked up for about £7.99.

Yup, new (R1) version.

'Bout time too, I sold my 'original' on e-bay 2 years ago - when the first SE rumours circulated.

I had this on NTSC Laserdisc. Still a great film.

Last year, I bought it on R2 DVD, but was worried coz the BBFC cut the VHS version to bits. Lucky enough, it was un-cut, so I was well happy.

Did I hear right, but I thought this R2 DVD got pulled off the shelves? Can anyone confirm that?

Cheers,
JD

I heard that the uncut R2 was doing the rounds but then got pulled too.

I didn't want to take any chances at the time so went for the R4.

Sadly, I got stuffed with Eraser as I bought the R2 (in the days before I knew about www.dvdcompare.org.uk ) :( Intend to ditch the R2 at some point and go for the R1 or R4.

After all, the whole point of watching an Arnie film is the action and the violence :D

I too sold my R2 version when I heard about the SE version that was due. Eventually I got sick of waiting, and after reading some good reviews, I bought the R4 version from Ezydvd for less than a tenner. This is the uncut version and is superb, especially the picture quality. I really doubt whether the SE can be much better. As I'm really not interested in extras, I'll probably just stick with my current version.

Steve

I still have a Laser Disc copy and also last year bought a French R2 copy which was anamorphic and uncut, and picture wise, an improvement on the old R1 copy.

I've never seen the R1, but I'm with steve1056 - the R4 is an excellent anamorphic transfer. It's crisp and colours are vivid.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom