True Lies in HD

Jason56d

Ruby said:
TCM HD are showing True Lies in HD tonight, which I think is a first for British TV.
Been waiting for this to come out on blu ray for like ever! This will keep me happy till it arrives! :)

mjn

Distinguished Member
Might be HD, but i wonder if they'll pair it with a stereo soundtrack :rolleyes:

flipfella

Looking at my DVD version it's 1:2.35 ratio but it looks like 16:9 on TCM HD. I was really hoping the HD channel would have the aspects correct.

Love how they add the extra detail, then chop off entire sides of the movie off :facepalm:

Was looking forward to watching this aswell, will have to watch the DVD again instead.

Did not check the audio

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Yeah why do TCM screen movies with that god awful crushed ratio ???

Puts me off watching the channel too.

Just don't get why they do it, what is the point ??

Channel 5 hd are just as bas showing widescreen films in ultra pan & scan !

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Yeah was looking at a bit of this last night when Arnie got on the horse, and said "Hmm thought it was 2.35:1". Looked good though! Still on a laserdisc in my house, the shiny platter never to be used again..

MAX1210

Might be HD, but i wonder if they'll pair it with a stereo soundtrack :rolleyes:
Looking at my DVD version it's 1:2.35 ratio but it looks like 16:9 on TCM HD. I was really hoping the HD channel would have the aspects correct.

Love how they add the extra detail, then chop off entire sides of the movie off :facepalm:

Was looking forward to watching this aswell, will have to watch the DVD again instead.

Did not check the audio
Sound was in Dolby 5.1 - but I'm not impressed with the PQ :thumbsdow- hope they do better for the blu release :lesson: