True Detective - Season 2 (HBO)

How did you rate Season 2?

• Total voters
Season 2? How can they do that seeing as how definitive the ending to S1 was?

Nic Pizzolatto;
"We're working with three leads.

It takes place in California -- not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser known venues of California -- and we're going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season 1."

It's good to hear they will also be focusing on the psychological side. I loved the fact that both lead characters in S1 had serious character flaws and were in different ways psychologically imbalanced.

good news that there's going to be a season 2.

Season1 was excellent and one of my favs

Matthew McConaughey says he would consider returning to True Detective, but will they ask him
"I liked True Detective, the whole series and the experience of making it, so much that I’d be open to doing another one now. At the time, I was looking at six months and not beyond that. I don’t know of a feature film I’d sign for where I’m going to say, ‘If this works, you’ve got me whenever you want me for the next three years.’”

Would love to see him back with Harrelson.

Not sure how it would work given the structure of the first season. Would post a suggestion but don't want to post any spoilers for season one.

Not sure how it would work given the structure of the first season. Would post a suggestion but don't want to post any spoilers for season one.

Use the spoiler tags if you want to post your suggestion

Have tried. Doesn't appear to work in the app and don't have access to a laptop for the next while or so :(

Note: spoilers are 'visible' in the App even when using tags.

But if you did want to use them just type out the spoiler tag, just remove the 'spaces' within the brackets

[ spoiler ]your text here[ /spoiler ]

Note: spoilers are 'visible' in the App even when using tags.

But if you did want to use them just type out the spoiler tag, just remove the 'spaces' within the brackets

[ spoiler ]your text here[ /spoiler ]
I think posters must think Before Posting Here Read This: Spoilers (and how to add them) And Good Etiquette | AVForums is something like agrreing to software licence and never bother to read it. The number of times people say they don't know how to add spoilers, that or have Memento syndrom:rotfl:

I think posters must think Before Posting Here Read This: Spoilers (and how to add them) And Good Etiquette | AVForums is something like agrreing to software licence and never bother to read it. The number of times people say they don't know how to add spoilers, that or have Memento syndrom:rotfl:
I know how to use the spoiler tags perfectly well. I chose not to as they don't work on the app and as I use the app I decided it more considerate to avoid using them in this case given the rules/guidelines on posting spoilers. Which I read about at length and in detail in the sticky.

Last edited:
The latest info/rumor is that Season 2 will only have one male lead as opposed to two male leads, or a female lead as earlier reported. The series will still have male and female co-stars.

Director William Friedkin (THE FRENCH CONNECTION, THE EXORCIST, KILLER JOE) possibly interested;
“I am considering it. I like this writer [Nic Pizzolatto] very much. I’ve met him, and he’s the real deal as far as I’m concerned. Now, all the new seasons are different so I’m not committed — this new season has nothing to do with the last one. Except for him and his sensibility, which I think is extraordinary…I can’t say much more at this time. But I’m a fan of his writing, even though this will not be a continuation of what was done before with McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. So what you can say is I’m a huge fan of his writing, I’ve met with him, I like him, I like the direction he’s taking with this.”

I'd like to see a second outing for TD. I liked the way the story was told, I still don't know the ending to series one as I have it on BR and have a couple of episdoes left. The acting as been first rate throughout. The BR is spectacular.

anything been said about how many eps for season 2 yet...?

Colin Farrell is in talks for one of the lead roles

Taylor Kitsch could possibly be in the frame to join Season 2

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom