True Detective: Night Country (HBO/Sky) Season 4 (14th Jan 2024)

I thought it excellent and would be more than happy to see a season 5.

Had a change of heart on the show, episode 4 picked up the pace and 5 + 6 were top notch with Foster showing what a great actress she is.

This is the only series of this I've watched so can't comment on previous series.

I found this very hard going, very slow and tedious at times and I never managed to watch a full episode without stopping a couple of times and then going back to it another day.

To be honest the only reason I decided to watch this is because I like stuff to do with wilderness and especially snowy wilderness but was saddened that they resorted to suparnatural type things as seems to be the norm whenever there are native Americans involved. That sort of stuff is a big turn off for me.

I did watch it until the end just to see how it finished, but I was left disappointed with it.

This is the only series of this I've watched so can't comment on previous series.

I found this very hard going, very slow and tedious at times and I never managed to watch a full episode without stopping a couple of times and then going back to it another day.

To be honest the only reason I decided to watch this is because I like stuff to do with wilderness and especially snowy wilderness but was saddened that they resorted to suparnatural type things as seems to be the norm whenever there are native Americans involved. That sort of stuff is a big turn off for me.

I did watch it until the end just to see how it finished, but I was left disappointed with it.

I won't say you have to watch season 1... but I will say watch the first episode and see if it grabs you. It's probably somewhere between 5 and 10 times better than season 4. It's in a different league.
And the post-flood Louisiana landscape does have something of a wilderness quality about it, too :smashin:

I saved it for a binge. Although I hadn’t a clue what was going on and I put that down to the red wine I fully enjoyed it.

Ok episode still needed to be great this will likely end up being a disappointment of a season.

I really hope the cave is worth the bloodshed

Actress Kali Reis who plays Evangeline Navarro is a professional American boxer and former world champion 🥊
The word actress is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Don’t upset your cleaners people.
Decent season with a solid if not completely convincing conclusion.
7/10

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom