True Detective Blu Ray.

Only watched 2 or 3 TV series in last decade and I decided to watch this prior to a 7 day Breaking Bad marathon.

Excellent show it falls away badly last 2 parts but I was gripped no matter.

8/10.

True the link to the killer was a bit of a leap IMHO. Shame apart from that a cracking series with two great lead stars

...watching it in 8 parts in one sitting I think we were plainly told who did it/why/how etc and how it would all end. Hence why I rarely watch TV but it was incredibly well put together.

The cast was magnificent.

Excellent show it falls away badly last 2 parts but I was gripped no matter.

8/10.
I agree pretty much with this, although I'd argue that it falls apart (well, becomes very generic) in the final episode.

first few episodes were some of the best tv ever - mcconaghys character was fantastic

i thought the last episode was very generic cop movie too (but i think we were just spoiled by how good the first episodes were and it was still very good)

why can't all tv be as good as this (and GOT)

I agree pretty much with this, although I'd argue that it falls apart (well, becomes very generic) in the final episode.

I thought every episode was fantastic, I am not sure what else they could have done with the final two, they worked for me.

Epic fail - Sainsbury's not selling this on blu ray !

Isn't that because Sainsbury's only do digital downloads now.

It could just be your local store? We've got 3 Sainsbury's near us and none of them sell BD's; yet a Sainbury's in a smaller town 5 miles away does.

A very good show with great atmosphere. Couldn't understand some of the dialogue though. At one point I rewound and played back a scene 5 times and had to give up.

£31 in Sainsburys West Hove. Shame the uk set is standard amaray with slipbox, the US set looks far nicer :(

Does anyone know of any decent US sites ( not Movietyme, too expensive )

I just paid £37 odd delivered with pre-paid fees from Amazon.com- should be here within the week

As it's over £15 (circa $23) you run the risk of paying fees if it gets stopped my customs. If you select the middle shipping option (think it's express?) the fees are paid in advance so there's no risk of it getting stopped and excess fees being charged. I usually get stuff on this option in a week.

Pre paying results in quicker delivery and you have a chance of having the fees refunded. I've had on average, 3 out of 5 deliveries where the fees were refunded.

$29 at amazon.com now, £29 in total delivered via express :)

Ordered it today for the good price of $39 need the better packaging for this.
Contacted Amazon.com and they have kindly gave me a £6.20 refund and done it for $29, absolute steal this imo for the better version.

Just the packaging that's different? Content the same though?

Would assume so yes, although not 100% on that.

With my partial refund due to the price drop, mine worked out at £27 and some change, which is a good few quid cheaper than the lowest price for the UK set, so I'm happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom