True 1080p panel?

antsims

Distinguished Member
I am looking for a TRUE 1080p panel. It has to be 40" or more. What and where should I be looking at to get one of these.

Hi there

Personally, I have just bought the Samsung LCD 1080p which is a fantastic TV from my point of view. The picture is outstanding! I went for the 46" version, the LE46M87. I bought this from beyondtelevision.co.uk with next day delivery. I bought it for just under £1200.

t1m103

got the 40" version of the m87 and im very impressed with the picture quality, both skyhd and blu-ray via ps3 and xbox 360 look amazing.

yetanotherbob

Is it me :confused:

Firstly why TRUE HD on a 40" inch screen, secondly the most obvious place to be looking for one would be in an electrical retailer or independent AV shop and thirdly why have the other 2 responses been recommending LCDs in the Plasma forum :rotfl:

Bob

HSC

Both of the above are LCD (Plasma forum)

If its Plasma you are after then Panny and Pioneer have a good reputation for 1080p plasmas.
browse this forum for those panels to get more info

good luck

CHFels

Panasonic TH42PZ700 or TH42PZ70 - both true 1080p, available at 42". If you can stretch to 50" and a lot more money, look at the Pioneer full-HD plasma (don't recall the model name).

CHFels

delboyuk2005uk

Panasonic TH42PZ700 or TH42PZ70 - both true 1080p, available at 42". If you can stretch to 50" and a lot more money, look at the Pioneer full-HD plasma (don't recall the model name).

CHFels

well how much stretching will i need to do from 42" to 50"

CHFels

That's what I call a Stretch! :eek:

Panasonic's your company, if you want 1080p to look decent with SD and not blow 4K :rotfl:

CHFels

P

Peabo

I wouldn't buy a PF9 as the PF10s are just starting to surface apparently.

tdm34

Just thought i'd pass on my first impressions of the new Panny TH42PZ70

Comes with its stand in the box no option for a cabinet the speakers are on the side and its finished in gloss black Panny have put a lot of effort into the cosmetics and it's quite an elegant design.

connectivity On the Rear panel 2 scarts (both RGB)
2 HDMI
1 component video (with audio)
1 VGA input

On the right side S-video
composite
Audio
SD card Reader

Full 1080p panel but no support for 24fps
contrast ratio apparently 10,000:1

Picture quality against Pio 4280xd (essentially same PQ as 428xd) the pioneers blacks are better but the pannys clarity is amazing, better than the 42PZ700 imo. Motion seems to be very smooth with no obvious judder in the background, colours bright and cleanly focused and overall I think it could be a serious threat to the Pioneer. Comparing it to the Sony W and X series
and the Samsung M87s it's chalk and cheese the LCDs dont get a look in!!

But the best bit is it's price tag We're still working on it but will be between
£1199 and £1249.

Dont forget that there is a 50" and maybe a 58" version in the works as well

Over the next few days i'll connect a range of differant HD-DVD and BLU-RAY
players aswell as a few good quality DVD players and will report back with my findings.

If anyone has any specific hardware requests regarding the players to audition please suggest a model and i'll do my best to check them out.

Regards from up north......

CHFels

. . .

players aswell as a few good quality DVD players and will report back with my findings.

If anyone has any specific hardware requests regarding the players to audition please suggest a model and i'll do my best to check them out.

Looking forward to your further reports! If you have a chance to try the PZ70 with these DVD players, I'd be keen to know how they go:

Pioneer DV-600
Denon DVD-1940 (new, just out)
Oppo 980 or 981

Does the PZ70 have a headphones jack?

Cheers,
CHFels

glugwine

Comes with its stand in the box no option for a cabinet the speakers are on the side and its finished in gloss black Panny have put a lot of effort into the cosmetics and it's quite an elegant design.

connectivity On the Rear panel 2 scarts (both RGB)
2 HDMI
1 component video (with audio)
1 VGA input

On the right side S-video
composite
Audio
SD card Reader

Full 1080p panel but no support for 24fps
contrast ratio apparently 10,000:1

Picture quality against Pio 4280xd (essentially same PQ as 428xd) the pioneers blacks are better but the pannys clarity is amazing, better than the 42PZ700 imo. Motion seems to be very smooth with no obvious judder in the background, colours bright and cleanly focused and overall I think it could be a serious threat to the Pioneer. Comparing it to the Sony W and X series
and the Samsung M87s it's chalk and cheese the LCDs dont get a look in!!

But the best bit is it's price tag We're still working on it but will be between
£1199 and £1249.

Dont forget that there is a 50" and maybe a 58" version in the works as well

Regards from up north......

Any more info on this model, whats the SD quality like?

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom