Troubleshooting Help!

47LG70

Standard Member
My 47LG70 (LCD) power is on, but the screen is black. No response from the screen when moving channels, pressing menu, etc. Tried a reset suggested by LG Support by disconnecting power cable and holding power button for 30 seconds, reconnecting cable, but no change.

I took the back off, and have pictures of the power board that I can email to you if it can add any help...

Thanks!

47LG70

Standard Member
I tried to access both of the 47LH links, and I am not able to...

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached.
To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

stuey666

Standard Member
HELP ME PLS!!!!!! i have a new lg lf 2500. works fine on xbox, ps3 and freeview digital tv but im having problems watching normal sky tv. the screen flickers most of the time and there seems to be a white shadow rolling down the screen. why is this? help would be very much appreciated.

47LG70

Standard Member
Yo Stuey,

Don't get your hopes too high Bro! I am not sure what the deal is with this forum, but I have learned quickly that you can't depend on it for help. I gave the symptoms of my problem, have my TV taken down, and now going by trial and error exchanging modules (expensive) to fix it...

Good Luck!!!

spannermonkey

Standard Member
47LG70,

I have the exact same TV as you, got it from Future Shop. its 18 months old and yesterday had the exact same problem. did you ever get any response or find out the cause of the fault.

regards

SM

47LG70

Standard Member
No response, but found out that it was a hardware problem...

After paying a lot of $$$ to local TV technicians trying to figure out what was wrong, but not fixing it entirely, I gave it away to my neighbor. My neighbor eventually got it working by replacing an inverter board (ppw-cc47vt-s), but TV techs did some stuff before that & I don't remember exactly what they did... I have sinced purchased a Samsung LN46B750 (beautiful picture) from eComElectronics.com with warrenty (3 years) and it's been working good so far. Pay attention to proper ventilation and temperature if you get it working...

Best of luck!

Member 300569

Novice Member
Hi guys,
i've been in touch with LG for you regarding your problem. Unfortunately this is not a known fault and the best course of action is to go to Customer Services with this i'm afraid. Get in touch with Customer Services here

spannermonkey

Standard Member
47LG70, Many thanks, the TV is now with a local repair shop as the LG customer response has been no use, typical retailer, want your money but then don't want to help when there is a problem. Hopefully he will come back with the fault and a simple board change will fix it. I think it will be a case of have this fixed and sell the TV, then go for a better quality brand.

LG Blog UK, Bit of a cop out I think as a quick search on google and you will find a lot of instances of this 'not recognized' problem.

SM

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom