troubleshooting help Marantz SR6200

datzes

Standard Member
Hi all,
So I bought a Marantz SR6200 back in 2001 and over the past year the front left channel has started giving me problems. I noticed that the volume would cut out here and there and start to hear static and crackling. Now it is mostly just static and crackling without the actual sound. I have tried swapping the left and right speakers and the problem follows the left channel on the receiver. I have also tried headphones and found that the left channel is still an issue. I have tried to see if it made a difference between using RCA as an input vs fiber and still same problem. What is strange is that if I set it to "tuner" it will play the radio in both left and right channels and same with headphones. So now I am worried that it is something more complicated like replacing the entire circuit board. I think this cost me around $700 new and I am just not sure whether it will be worth it to put several hundred into it to get it fixed.

Anyone with similar experiences? If you got yours fixed, did it work for a long time? Was it worth spending the money to get it fixed? It's just tough to spend that much for another receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom