1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles with my A90

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by David-Bel, Jan 25, 2005.

1. David-Bel

David-Bel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my A90 in October of last year and two or three months ago had its front panel replaced at my dealer. The amp used to systematically power off each time I wanted to power it on.

Since the replacement of the front panel, everything went ok, until a couple of days ago, when I had the bad surprise to see my amp not responding anymore + display off. I just couldn't shut it down and therefore had to unplug it.

It has been occurring several times now (although it is not systematic but still quite bothering) and now the display doesn't seem to be working fine anymore : it is as if several of the small lamps (diodes) were broken so that the screen is no longer able to display everything (vol, inputs, etc.). Other than that the amp is working properly except when it unexpectedly does not respond anymore.

My question is : is there anybody out there who can report a similar experience with an A90 and does this trouble sound familliar to you Andrew and/or John?

And also, isn't the brand new Arcam warranty policy (from January 2005) stating that after repeating troubles, the client should expect to have its gear replaced, provided it is still under warranty of course.
    Mine is only 4 months old and I really would like to have this trouble sorted out quickly and above all permanently!

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback John/Andrew and anybody else who could help.

Kind regards

David