1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with telewest/pace remote

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by ditton15, Jun 15, 2003.

1. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fewer and fewer buttons on my zapper/remote do what they should do. Anyone else had this problem - is there a solution, or do I need to try (!!) and get hold of telewest helpdesk?

The button (far left of bottom array) for the current channel/programme (the TV one IIRC, the name has worn) moves the channel on one. The 'favourites' works, but on the far right, the extra info moves the channel back, and the programme listing has no effect. Nor does the advance channel swivell button. It's all very annoying!

ditton

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you saying that you've worn out your handset?

If so, just order a new one from Telewest. Probably no more than thirty quid. :rolleyes:

3. MikeHarrison

MikeHarrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try new batteries - incorrect keycodes are a common symptom of low batts on these remotes.

4. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    arrggghhhh!!!

I SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!

When I hit the TV Button my channel shifts forwards once.
    I also have the problem where occassionally if I hit the info button or Channel down button my cable box turns itself off and then back on. When the box turns back on the mute button has been activated all on it's own.

I have only has Cable for about 7 months and refuse to pay for a replacement as I thought Telewest owned the equipment and if anything went wrong they would replace it. (This being one of the reasons I switched over to Cable from SKY)
    Maybe I'd pay up if I had dropped the thing and smashed it into a thousands pieces, but I would not pay because of wear and tear.

When I get a reply from Telewest I will advise.

5. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definatly sounds like the batteries. When mine need replacing (about once a year on average) the buttons do all sorts of wierd thing instead of what they are supposed to.

Three new Durcells and it works a treat.

If you do need a new box Telewest should swap it out without a problem. They did my parents with no hassle at all. They will tell you to try new batteries first though !!!

6. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can now agree with the battery theory.
    The remote kept getting worse like turning the box off when trying to turn the volume up.
    I was just about to ring telewest when I can across some spare batteries. I replaced the old ones never really believing that low batteries could cause such problems and hey presto the remote is good as new.:clap:

All problems now resolved thanks to Mike and billduff :smashin: and a little common sense I suppose.

Cheers

7. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to have helped :blush: