Trouble with sound on HD TV

M

MrMiami

Hi Guys,

I just recently bought a Bauer XT32 HD TV. I connected this up to my XBOX360 using the correct HD lead but I was unable to get any sound! :mad: The picture quality is jaw dropping but alas everything I have tried so far has not given me any sound. I have all connections in the right place,and yes the HD switch on the lead is switched to HD lol...Does anyone know where I am going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

MrMiami

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Did you connect the audio lead into the Tv in the correct socket as this seems a big problem for lots of people. The socket associated with the VGA lead is normally 3.5mm just like a MP3 headphone jack, and for component it would be two phono leads. What a lot of people do wrong is connect the Xbox's audio leads into any available spare phono sockets, hopefully YOU have not done this.

M

MrMiami

Thanks for the help. Yes I do have all components in the correct sockets. In total I have six leads going into the TV from the Xbox360 HD lead. All are colour coded and Ive matched them with the respective sockets. Hell Ive even mixed them up and tried that but still with no joy! :mad: Very frustrating.

Scuttlerx

Have you checked through the sound menus on your tv, sometimes the red white phono ports which are the sound are shared between two video inputs and you need to select the right one? IIRC think my tv does this for vga and component, pretty sure it shares the input but cant remember if you need to select.

Otherwise im stumped, oh and not that it makes a difference but you dont need all 6 leads plugged in, the yellow one is the video signal for standard definition.

JUS

What have you set the sound to on the 360? If you are using the audio leads (the red & white) then you'll only get sterio...I haven't tried it but if you're doing that but the sound is set to DD, DTS or whatever then you probably won't get anything because it'll be trying to output via the optical output on the lead.

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
six leads?? so you got Red/Green/Blue and Red/White/Yellow plugged in ??

Do you get any picture and sound if you go over to the composite input on your TV?

Indiana Jones

Thats your problem then mate, you are not ment to connect all 6 cables, you want to connect the component cables (red/blue/green) and the audio cables (red/white)

Sounds like you have the audio cables connected to the composite input which isnt the correct one, you want the audio input that is linked to the component inputs, will either be red/white phono inputs or possibly a 3.5mm jack input.

M

MrMiami

Thank you guys!! Indiana Jones especially. Grrr the connection diagram that came with the lead is total ********. As a few of you pointed out,I did not need all six leads plugged in ( I now have just four plugged in ) On my diagram sheet it told me where to put the audio cable which turned out to be totally wrong :mad: Cant believe I fell for that!!
Thank you all very much for taking the time and effort to respond. Its drove me mad these past couple of days! I will now enjoy my gaming once again :thumbsup:

Jase

Scuttlerx

Glad your sorted :) How come you only have 4 plugged in now though, should be 5...? unless only 1 input for sound?

M

MrMiami

Hi Scutter,

I did have four plugged in and the sound was there. But after reading your post I slipped the fifth one in ( oh er missus ) and the sound is still there lol...I guess after having no sound for the week and then getting sound with four I decided to stick rather than put the other one in lol...Thank you for pointing this out and Im now VERY happy with my five leads inserted.
Happy gaming.

Jase

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom