1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Sky and PJ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BigTone, Sep 23, 2003.

1. BigTone

BigTone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +972
    I know this shouldn't be a problem but I can't get it too work.
    I took Scart block with Video Out from the Pace Sky box and stuck it into the PJ video in and nadda! No amout of changes on the PJ or Sky output made any difference. The PJ is a Mitsubishi XD300U and works great with the PC and DVD inputs... Sky is usually connected to Sony TV via Scart/RGB - but it works ok if I set it to Scart/Video. Confused... I am initaially after how well Sky will look on the Big Screen without spending much, as there is only so many DIY programs you ever need to watch.

Any clues?

Tone

2. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your Scart to Composite connector is possibly of the wrong type.. ;)

There are three kinds:

1) There are those that plug into the SCART on the TV and accept a video in. (The one you get with a PS2 is one of these).

2) There are those that plug into the SCART on a DigiBox/TiVo/Other and produce a video out.

3) There are ones that have a switch on to select type 1 or 2 :)

I suspect you may be trying to use one type 1 when you need a type 2, check your adaptor for a switch. You can easily convert between them if you are handy with a soldering iron ;)

Maplin have a type 2 here £7.99 is a bit of a rip off price though :) You can probably get one of the switched type from Game or somewhere like that :)

-- Jon

3. BigTone

BigTone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Many thanks, I'd forgotten about video in/out.

In the end I settled for a RGD to S-VHS converter so I can route everything through the AV amp - works very well - I didn't expect sky to look good on a large screen, but I'm impressed.

Tone