Trouble With PS3 CONNECTING TO BT HOME HUB

D

diveboy

Has anyone had difficulty using their ps3 wirelessly on bt's home hub. I was using pipex and last week signed up to bt. When i am scanning for the hub from my ps3, it doesn't find a thing. I've rang bt and they told me to get in touch with playstation to help. Playstation have said its not a fault of the ps3 and to ask bt again. In the meantime i still cant go online and dont know what to do!

I've got a BT Home Hub and never had any trouble connecting wirelessly.

Using BT Homehub with no problems. PS3 found it no problems. The only trouble I've had is with the PS3 wireless adaptor not always connecting. Try standing your PS3 vertically. I seem to get a stronger signal that way.

i have mine wirelessly connected through bt home hub and works fine

Try moving the Home Hub,

I've never had a problem with a wireless connection between the Home Hub and PS3.

But when i first setup my connection the Home Hub was in the corner of two ajoining walls and i would only get signal strength at the PS3 of about 40%. I would never have a problem connecting at this stage though and never dropped a connection. However when i built my new computer i moved the Home Hub about 2 ft out from the corner and now get a signal strength of around 85% now.

I wouldn't have thought that such small difference in the posistion of the Hub would have such an impact on the signal strength.

Craig

I have A BT Home hub and it connects fine ca't get no voice chat though through bluetooth headset

Mines fine, try increase channel to 11 or 12.

im on home hub an never had any real bother, at first tho i was typin in the wrong wep (?) code from the back of the hub an it just wouldnt connect :( i wonder why!

yeah I would try either moving your home hub closer to the PS3 or moving your PS3 closer to the homehub just to get that first grip, then try moving it back to original position :)

In my household we've got a ps3, 3 laptops, 1 pc, psp, wireless printer and nokia n95 connected to my hub without any problems.

johnuz thank for the info I changed the channel to 11 and i am now getting voice chat.

Just got a brand new 60GB PS3.

I have already connected my two sons PSP'S to the BT HOME HUB without any problem

I cannot do the same with the PS3. I have gone through everytrthing. The PS3 is seeing the Hub.

Please will someone be able to help. My kids are driving me mad ! ! !:lease:

I have already connected my two sons PSP'S to the BT HOME HUB without any problem

I cannot do the same with the PS3. I have gone through everytrthing. The PS3 is seeing the Hub.

Sorry m8 just got your Pm am not much good with BT home hun but ill see if i can dig anything up for you.

I am having the same problem with BT Home-Hub - no problems with PS3 hardwire LAN and my notebook connects wireless to Home-Hub no problem. PS3 detects Home-hub but can't gain IP address!

I have a speed touch wireless router and my ISP is BT.

I had problems getting online when i 1st got my PS3, seems it was a DNS problem, try looking on Yahoo etc for a list of BT DNS numbers thats asuming its not picking up the DNS automaticaly.

Let me know how you get on.

I've been running my PS3 through my BT Home hub for about 4 months now, with relatively no problems.

Mine connected wirelessly 1st time but had a few problems keeping connection.

As such I've hard wired it and had no issues what so ever.

If you want to know any connection settings let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

I found this link which might help -

http://metafaq.eu.playstation.com/te...LS03J5RAIJOCAM

I think the problem is that you need to tell it an IP address etc. I should say that I only attempted to get mine new PS3 working for the first time last night (and failed). I have a wireless BT Voyager router. Every other device Ihave ever owned has connected to the wireless network first time - Laptop's (Windows and Apple), PDA, PSP etc. The fact that a new piece of kit makes it so complicated is very frustrating.

I've been running my PS3 through my BT Home hub for about 4 months now, with relatively no problems.

Mine connected wirelessly 1st time but had a few problems keeping connection.

As such I've hard wired it and had no issues what so ever.

If you want to know any connection settings let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

The only problem i have had is getting the media shareing to work, works fine wired but via wireless, no chance. :rolleyes:

I found this link which might help -

http://metafaq.eu.playstation.com/te...LS03J5RAIJOCAM

I think the problem is that you need to tell it an IP address etc. I should say that I only attempted to get mine new PS3 working for the first time last night (and failed). I have a wireless BT Voyager router. Every other device Ihave ever owned has connected to the wireless network first time - Laptop's (Windows and Apple), PDA, PSP etc. The fact that a new piece of kit makes it so complicated is very frustrating.

I had another play with this yesterday and I can't get it to work when trying to use my BT Voyager wireless router. However, I also own an Apple Laptop and an Apple Airport device and using this I can connect to the internet via the PS3. Therefore, you could consider buying an Apple Airport as a last resort. Its a nice bit of kit anyway and it allows you to play music wireslessly through your hifi and print wireslessly too.

Chris.

I have been having the same problem until I managed to fix it this afternoon (Sept 17th)!!!!!!

When setting up the wireless connection, put in the WEP code and when prompted as to whether to automatic or manual for the IP address - go MANUAL.
For the first line enter 192.168.1.254 (standard PS3 IP address), leave the subnet as is (255.255.255.0) and the other lines as zeros - hit the back arrow and now select AUTOMATIC and continue to the end.

It should now be able to gain the IP address when you test the signal.

Good Luck!

I have been having the same problem until I managed to fix it this afternoon (Sept 17th)!!!!!!

When setting up the wireless connection, put in the WEP code and when prompted as to whether to automatic or manual for the IP address - go MANUAL.
For the first line enter 192.168.1.254, leave the subnet as is (255.255.255.0) and the other lines as zeros - hit the back arrow and now select AUTOMATIC and continue to the end.

It should now be able to gain the IP address when you test the signal.

Good Luck!

I've just switched to BT with the hub and it lasted about 30 mins before i got peed off with it and went back to my trusty speedtouch 585. The wireless on the BThub is absolutly crap.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom