Question Trouble with MusicCast and Qobuz since Tuesday

chris02

Established Member
Reaction score
When I go to play something from Qobuz through the Yamaha MusicCast controller app, I can see my favourites, playlists and listen but all the albums, charts, new etc. are grayed out. I've tried logging out, uninstalling, reverting to version 4.0 of the app etc. but nothing changes. Any ideas appreciated.

I have a Yamaha RX-A1080 receiver with MusicCast. I control it using the Musicast 4.10 app on a tablet running the latest version of Android. I just checked out Qobuz on the MusicCast app at 8:00 CDT (13:00 UTC). Everything seems to be working normally.

I also checked the Qobuz app. It seem to be working as well, but it does not link to MusicCast.

If you open the Qobuz app, is that working OK?

May also be worth logging into the Qobuz website to check that everything is actually ok with your Qobuz account's subscription.

I have a Yamaha RX-A1080 receiver with MusicCast. I control it using the Musicast 4.10 app on a tablet running the latest version of Android. I just checked out Qobuz on the MusicCast app at 8:00 CDT (13:00 UTC). Everything seems to be working normally.

I also checked the Qobuz app. It seem to be working as well, but it does not link to MusicCast.

Yep the qobuz app is working fine. I have also taken out a deezer 3 month free trial to check if that OK via musiccast, it is. Weird or what?

May also be worth logging into the Qobuz website to check that everything is actually ok with your Qobuz account's subscription.

Tried that and payment was taken on the day it stopped working fully, coincidence?

I have sent Qobuz a message asking them to look into it, hopefully I will get a reply soon.

PS I have spotted on Reddit that another chap is having the same issue.

Thanks both for your ideas.

Hi, I'm having the same issue, Qobuz app is working fine, no problems with the subscription. Everything still plays through the Yamaha, I just have to select it in the musiccast app via the search function, or by favouriting the artist in the Qobuz app and selecting it through the favorites in the musiccast app. Which is OK but a bit of a faff

Are you UK based? It may be a local problem

Hi, I'm having the same issue, Qobuz app is working fine, no problems with the subscription. Everything still plays through the Yamaha, I just have to select it in the musiccast app via the search function, or by favouriting the artist in the Qobuz app and selecting it through the favorites in the musiccast app. Which is OK but a bit of a faff

Are you UK based? It may be a local problem

Just tried searching and that works fine, just as you said. Yes based in UK.

Hi. I'm in the UK too and have exactly the problem you describe. Did Qobuz get back to you?

Last edited:
Hi. I'm in the UK too and have exactly the problem you describe. Did Qobuz get back to you?

Not as yet I am afraid, can I suggest you bang them a comment via your account page. Hopefully if we all make a noise they may take notice.

Not as yet I am afraid, can I suggest you bang them a comment via your account page. Hopefully if we all make a noise they may take notice.

By the way, I have a MusicCast 20 unit and that doesn't have the problem! It's my R-N602 and WXA-50 where the problem is. Weird!

By the way, I have a MusicCast 20 unit and that doesn't have the problem! It's my R-N602 and WXA-50 where the problem is. Weird!

WXC-50 here.

Looks like a yamaha issue as oposed to Qobuz, maybe . Tech Support for the UK I will try and ring them Monday, may help if others do as well.

Contact Information

Technical Support is available by telephone on 0344 811 1116 from the UK or 01526 2449 from the Republic of Ireland - Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm (4.30pm on Friday).
0344 811 1116 call charges.
Calls to 0344 811 1116 cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and should be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines and mobiles to 0344 811 1116 are included in free call packages.

Last edited:
NP-S303 here

I spoke to yamaha tech support on Tuesday this week, they were as baffled as us! (but very knowledgeable and helpful with the other issues I was having, to be fair to them)

I've just had a reply from Qobuz, just asking for a bit more info/screenshots etc. So I've sent them all that through. Hopefully they'll be able to figure something out

Same issue here as of today with a Cambridge CXN v2. Streaming to other devices is fine. I can search and see favourites on the Cambridge app but tracks refuse to play. Tidal through same app is fine.

Just spoke to Yamaha, they are aware of the problem as they can see it as well. It is a UK and European issue apparently. Issue has been forwarded to Teck Support in Japan and they are hoping for an early fix. Holding my breath:)

Hi, I’ve also got the same problem with my MusicCast app on iOS; using it to access Qobuz on my Yamaha WXC-50. The albums’ page is completely greyed out. The Qobuz app on its own is working normally, as is Qobuz through Sonos. I’m grateful someone is looking into it! I’m sure the problem lies with the MusicCast app.

Hi, I’ve also got the same problem with my MusicCast app on iOS; using it to access Qobuz on my Yamaha WXC-50. The albums’ page is completely greyed out. The Qobuz app on its own is working normally, as is Qobuz through Sonos. I’m grateful someone is looking into it! I’m sure the problem lies with the MusicCast app.

Glad I did not try on my son's iphone:)

Last edited:
I have the same issue on my WXC-50 and WXAD-10 but no problem with either of the MusicCast 20 speakers. Qobuz app is fine.

Qobuz came back to me and said it's a Yamaha issue and they are dealing with it, apparently

Thank you. Is Qobuz dealing with it or are they referring to Yamaha when they said ‘they’re dealing with it’? I do agree that the likely problem lies with the MusicCast app. It’s had a checkered history...

This was their response

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

We contacted Yamaha and the problem is on their side, they are working on a fix. We still don't know about a release date though, it's in their hands.

Best regards

Thank you. Is Qobuz dealing with it or are they referring to Yamaha when they said ‘they’re dealing with it’? I do agree that the likely problem lies with the MusicCast app. It’s had a checkered history...

I finally got a response:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

We are aware of the issues encountered with MusicCast over the last few days. This malfunction has been identified by the Yamaha team and is currently under repair. An update will be deployed by Yamaha in order to restore the service. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom