trouble with CoD2 cheats

gino_76ph

Standard Member
Reaction score
i seem to be in difficulty accessing and making cheats works for CoD2. been thru every website i know and seems nothing is working. can anyone help?

If you're trying cheats when playing online, devmap will need to be enabled. This can only be done by the admin of the server, who logs into RCON & then sets a devmap rather than a normal map.

Then cheats such as /god and /noclip will work.

Jez

If you're trying cheats when playing online, devmap will need to be enabled. This can only be done by the admin of the server, who logs into RCON & then sets a devmap rather than a normal map.

Then cheats such as /god and /noclip will work.

Jez

so what you saying is do i need to type " devmap" then the cheat will work? (ive tried that but still wouldn't. ) ive been to gamfaqs and cheatcc but to no avail.

Are you playing single player or online?

If you are playing online, then you are unable to use cheats. Unless the person who runs the server enables cheats on their server.

so what you saying is do i need to type " devmap" then the cheat will work? (ive tried that but still wouldn't. ) ive been to gamfaqs and cheatcc but to no avail.

For cheats to work on any given server, devmap must be enabled in the server config. People with admin to the server can do this by typing /devmap [map name] into the console (when they are logged on to RCON). Then cheats will work.

So if you want to cheat you need to find a server with devmap on, and then everyone else will be cheating!

Thank goodness there aren't any normal multiplayer cheats - that would ruin the game for everyone.

Jezzer

Are you playing single player or online?

If you are playing online, then you are unable to use cheats. Unless the person who runs the server enables cheats on their server.

im using the cheats on the single player campaigns. but whenever i follow gamefaqs.com the damn cheats are not working. i dunno if im doing soemthing wrong or is there another way?

I can never understand why people want to use cheats in these types of games :confused:

I can never understand why people want to use cheats in these types of games :confused:

Me neither. It spoils it IMO. Even playing it on easy spoils it. I am forever telling a good friend off for playing fps on easy. :nono:

These sort of games are made so that most people can play them on normal and complete them.

Very true, I started this game the other week on a medium (normal) setting and finished it on Saturday. Some quite tricky moments along the way, and I'm now wondering what it's like on a really hard setting !

Very true, I started this game the other week on a medium (normal) setting and finished it on Saturday. Some quite tricky moments along the way, and I'm now wondering what it's like on a really hard setting !

It is a lot harder and a lot slower pace.

You cant stick your head out as much and you cant take as many hits as before which means you will have to change your tactics a bit. It feels more realistic on this setting. Some parts are very challenging.

When you do complete it on hard it has a great sense of satisfaction. :devil:

Cheers for that, I may give it a go on a harder setting then just to see what it's like :thumbsup:

Cheers for that, I may give it a go on a harder setting then just to see what it's like :thumbsup:

Nice one John. BTW have you tried Bioshock yet? A superb game. :thumbsup:

Nice one John. BTW have you tried Bioshock yet? A superb game. :thumbsup:

No I haven't tried it yet. I assume there's a demo available ?

The problem with buying a new graphics card and a new PSU is that it makes you wonder if your CPU is up to it now :rotfl:

What card you got then?

What card you got then?

I got the BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB a couple of weeks ago, but not really tested it properly with a recent game yet :D

I got the BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB a couple of weeks ago, but not really tested it properly with a recent game yet :D

BioShock looks lovely on this card. I am thinking of upgrading my overclocked E6600 to a Q6600 GO. My finger has hovered over the buy button a few times today. :D

You got a nice beefy monitor to go with that then?

Awesome card btw! :D

Jez

You got a nice beefy monitor to go with that then?

Awesome card btw! :D

Jez

I have a 24" 1920x1200 Dell 2407 A04.

They are good cards. You can now grab an unclocked one for under £300 if you shop about. :)

Edit: Couldnt resist the GO Q6600... Just bagged one. :clap:

im using the cheats on the single player campaigns. but whenever i follow gamefaqs.com the damn cheats are not working. i dunno if im doing soemthing wrong or is there another way?
I don't know why they aren't working for you, the instructions are pretty clear.

Enable the console, use ` or ~ to access the console and type in developer 2 to enable cheats, then type in whatever command you want for the corresponding cheat. Usually the most common one is give all.

@JohnG: It depends on the type of game you are using cheats on. For example using cheats on a game like GTA only adds to the game, ie it's more fun.

However, I do agree that cheats in most games only wreck the game and undermine everything you have done to get to that point in the game.

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the latest patch for COD2 doesn't support the console.... but I may be mistaken as I've installed patches for a few games recently.

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that the latest patch for COD2 doesn't support the console.... but I may be mistaken as I've installed patches for a few games recently.

Don't think that's right :)

Jez

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom