1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Author now

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Northerner, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using the evaluation version of TMPGEnc Author quite succesfully so, I decided to purchase the license key.

Now that I've pasted in the key, I cannot get Author to access the DVD RAM drive.

I know that the drive works OK because I can view recorded material with WIN DVD and I can also load earlier transferred movie files from the PC into the Clip Editor

Author fires up OK and allows me to select the DVD_RTAV folder but then no clip appears in window 2/3 of the wizard. It's not even hanging or locked - just sits and does nothing. If I try to go to 3/3 I just get the warning that no clip has been selected.

Any clues on this one:confused:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Northerner - you should e-mail the producers support line on this as it's probably not an issue many people have. Ensure your using the latest version of TMPG Enc Author and that your drive is working normally in Windows (thus confirming the problem IS with TMPG Enc).

Failing that I'll try and help when I get home - I'm working away for the next 10 days and so my only internet access is my laptop with my GRPS mobile. Not the best connection in the world!

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    Try copying to the hard disc first. It is also possible to change the VRO file to MPG and try that using add file rather than DVD Video.

4. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK guys - thanks for your input but the problem has been found but not yet solved.

I have had lengthy and very helpful emails to and from TMPG but to no avail. Then it struck me that during the transition from the trial version to the licensed one, I installed Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator Version 6. Could this have upset something?

So I have uninstalled Roxio completely and TMPGEnc Author is up and running perfectly again.

Clearly there is some conflict with the 2 programs so I have informed both of them and await their reply with the solution..............if there is one.

I'll keep you posted

5. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The conflict between TMPGEnc DVD Author and Easy CD & DVD Creator Ver 6 has been resolved.

The Drag-to-Disc feature on Creator grabs exclusive use of the DVD-RAM drive making it unavailable to other programs.

The solution is to disable Drag-to-Disc in Creator at the setup stage and everything then lives happily ever after:clap:

I have to say the answer came very quickly from TMPG but when I eventually got a reply from Roxio, their solution was to disable EVERYTHING that ran at Startup - odd, and it didn't work anyway :confused: