Trouble trying to run emulator on PSP.

R

RaidenWins

Hi Everyone<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I’m new to the forum so if I’ve made any mistakes like posting this in the wrong section, or done something which I shouldn’t have then my apologies. I was hoping someone out there would be able to help me out please. I’ve had my PSP for over a week now and I’ve been reading up on the web about homebrew and running a snes emulator on my psp. So all week I’ve been trying and trying and finally I came across this website which told me how to downgrade from 2.8 to 1.5 (the lucky thing is my PSP came with both GTA games so I downgraded using <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Liberty</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">City</st1:placeType></st1:place>). Now last night I updated from 2.8 to 3.0.3 and then downgraded to 1.5 (so if I go in to system information and check my firmware it says 1.5) Now comes the difficult part, all today I’ve been downloading and installing snes emulators left right and centre. - Until I got to a emulator which was suppose to work and is called Snes9X. Now I copied the folder to the director PSP/Game/Snes9X (the folder only contained one file and that was EBOOT) – it said to play the emulator all I have to do is place the rom file in the same folder so I done this. On my PSP I went on the Memery Card under the Game and tried to run the emulator – it came up with an error of ‘The Game could not be started (80020001) Any ideas or help to where I might have gone wrong? Before I run the emulator was I suppose to install something else? I’ve read somewhere something about you have to run eloader? Or a kernel? And then run an emulator? I know some of you must have read this question a 100 times over but if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it soo much. Thanks a million people.<o:p></o:p>

Your post is really hard to read, could you make it more readable I'm sure it'll help get more replies :thumbsup:

Your problem is your running a 3.xx version of the emulator on a PSP with version 1.50 firmware, you need to upgrade to a newer version of CFW

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom