• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

trouble setting up ps3 with NETGEAR DG834G and web browser AOL

K

kipper3200

:lease: i have trouble setting up my network settings for my ps3 , it says can not obtain ip address i don't know what to do can anyone help :lease:

leeboy1411

Check your wireless security settings on the router, make sure that access control isn't switched on, if it is this is the reason why you cannot connect as you ps3's MAC address isn't registered with the router.

hope this helps

Liam :)

davemackenzie

I use the same router and it is superb once configured correctly, now, at the moment you probably have mac address filtering on, so what you need to do is go to wireless settings - access setup list, and you will see an ''unkown'' station at the bottom, click add, then apply, this will now allow your ps3 to connect, then in the ps3 settings, you need to leave IP addresses and settings on automatic as the router will do the job for you! Hope this helps, if you have trouble, let me know :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom