Trouble setting up Panasonic Television & Dvd Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pchester, Jan 5, 2004.

1. pchester

pchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic Tx28Ps5 television, Panasonic Dmre60 Dvd recorder Grundig Sky Digibox. The problem I've got is when I'm watching a programme the Dvd records it fine. But if I turn the television off, the Dvd continues to record, but no sound or picture, turn the television back on and it starts recording again OK. It's as though the television being switched off, is saying to my Digibox the television is now off so stop transmitting sound and picture to the Dvd recorder. I've tried using another television but the same happens, so I dont think it's the television setup.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    how have you got it connected?
    It should be SKY AV1 (RGB)>E60 AV2 (RGB)>TVAV1 (RGB)
    is this with TV in stand by or off at the set?
    Jems will be along to help i am sure!

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if this is the same problem as we have had before it is because when you control the tv with your sky remote it switches the sky output signal from rgb to composite

so since the hs2 is set to accept rgb when the tv is off it will just record black

the only way to stop this, I think, is to change to pansonic setting from decoder to normal (i think)

this stops the problem but then you lose the autoview auto record option

have a quick search this has been a common problem

4. pchester

pchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick replies, much appreciated. My set up is AV1 on the Dvd recorder goes to AV2 on the telly. AV2 on the Dvd recorder goes to the port marked VCR on the digibox (I presume this is AV2) And the port marked TV on the digibox (I presume this is AV1) goes to AV1 on the telly. It's when I turn the telly off using the on/off button on the telly.

5. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As far as I know this will happen regardless of AV2 setting being on decoder or normal. Just don't use the Sky remote to turn off the TV - use the TV remote.

However the fact that picture and sound is being lost might suggest another problem as usually the lack of RGB input just loses the picture.

pchester,

What channel are you recording from? AV1 or AV2?

6. pchester

pchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont use any remote to turn the tele off I use the on/off button on the telly. I record on AV1

7. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tv out scart (sky)should go to AV2 on DVD recorder.AV1 on dvd recorder should go to AV1 on the tv.Go into the connections menu to make sure that AV1 and 2 are set to RGB.Go into the picture settings menu on Sky to make sure that is set to RGB.Q-link between the recorder and tv may well be interfering.Its works so that switching on the recorder makes the tv switch on,and switching the tv off makes the recorder switch off-with the recorder in AV1 this should stop

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ah you need to record on AV2 Av1 is the signal which is being sent to the tv

so if the tv is off

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    As phelings suggests you dont cureently have it set up for optimum record. are you using the panny link function if so try putting TV into standby when a recording is set (especially if you set it up as the panny manuals told you to) But changing it round will improve quality as sky box VCR scart only outputs composite the lowest standard of picture (this was fine as it was all a VHS VCR could cope with anyway!