Trouble recording with freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Gemz1982, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Gemz1982

Gemz1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had some trouble when connecting a cheapy thompson freeview box to the tv downstairs for my friends mum. I connected the box to the tv via scart and the main ariel to the back of the freeview box. The thing is she had to take out/disconnec the freeview box because when they tried to record off the tv it didnt work. I thought that it might be because the video recorder wasnt connected to the freeview box.

Any ideas?? I dont have a clue about these things.

Also a quick question, i have seen those usb tuners/ tuners that look like a flash drive, you can get that goes into the back of the tv, how do these work without the main ariel being attached to it in some way, is it done through radio waves, or whatever, ha ha ha, you can tell im not up on all this, what are the benifits of them.

Thanks

2. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Assuming the Thomson box ( posting does not say) only has one scart lead output connect as follows.

Aerial lead into freeview then out to video and then out to TV.

Scart out from freeview into VCR aux and scart out from VCR TV scart output into TV. View Freeview by selecting Av channel on TV remote.

This will loop freeviw signal through VCR and if you want to record freeview then set video to record from EXT channel. The freeview box will have a timer function which will need setting at the same time as the VCR when recording whilst out of the house

I hope this makes sense.