• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Trouble identifying coax cable


Standard Member
Hi guys, sorry to be a right novice at this.

I've found a pic of the sort of cable I need, but it doesn't give any hints to the name of the connectors or anything.


Could someone please be kind enough to provide a link to somewhere I could buy a cable like that please?

I'm probably just being useless but none of my searches have found that in a store.

The nearest i can find is from maplin:

But the connector on the right is too thick

Thanks in advance
Last edited:

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
One end is a Belling Lee (or IEC) whilst the other is an F-type.
These are illustrated and described here :
uncletony's Cables and Connectors
as F-type and "TV (Euro) plug".

Maplin, B and Q etc. sell adaptors for these so you can use a standard TV type flylead and add the adaptor to the "wrong" end.
Alternatively make up your own cable with an F-type plug and a Belling Lee plug.
I have not seen a made up purchasable cable like that - although they may exist.
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom