• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Trouble Getting Sound And Picture From Laptop To Sony Bravia Tv.

hughesie

Standard Member
Hi please can someone please help me?
I am trying to connect my Toshiba laptop to my Sony bravia lcd HD TV but having some crazy problems.
I have connected my laptop via a vga cable to my TV which allows the picture to be displayed on the PC function/channel on the TV but no sound!
I have connected a 3.5mm to RCA lead from the earphone port on the laptop to the red and white audio in on the TV,this were the fun starts i get the sound from the video i am attempting to play from the laptop being played out on the AV6 channel on the TV and the video picture on the P.C channel.
I have attempted to configure all the settings on the TV and laptop but no use i still get picture on the PC channel and audio on the AV channel.

Can someone please advise me what i am doing wrong or what i need to do.

I have lost several hours today on this PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

Hughesie

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
First off what "Sony bravia"
The audio in on MOST TV's for the AV input is 3.5mm not two phonos next to the component inputs which is for component input.

hughesie

Standard Member
Hi the 3.5mm is the jack what is plugged into the earphone outlet on the laptop and the 2x rca red and white into the audio in on the side of the tv.
this is as directed by many forums on the net.
The tv is a sony bravia 42 inch hd lcd model kdl-40s2530.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Wrong, the audio in is a 3.5mm jack right next to the VGA socket. The audio in on the side is for the associated video in AV6.
Just had to look at a Romanian manual from Sony page 34

hughesie

Standard Member
HI,
I have inserted the RCA red and white into the audio on the rear of the tv by the VGA cable on the rear still the same.
picture on the pc channel and audio on the av6 channel.

hughesie

Standard Member
Andy thanks for all your help. As you may have clicked im not gadget/electronics buff. looks like i have the wrong lead.!!!!

I get the muppet award!!!!!

Thanks for all your help.

Paul.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom