1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble getting a demo of a sanyo plv30 in London

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamie, May 9, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people,

You'd think in central London I'd be blessed with choice when it comes to getting a demo of a projector, but i can't get anyone to demo me a sanyo plv30 for a few weeks at the earliest

How long have others in the forum waited to get a demo - am I being unreasonably impatient (I am normally ;) )

seriously though, I would have thought someone would keep a demo model around if its so popular as this forum indicates - I can pick up a NEC VT540 same day from my local supplier, but sanyo, nada!

jamie

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem, In the end I took a gamble and ordered one mail order. The gamble paid off, Its a great machine! Still got a dead pixel though :(
    Not that its really noticable.

3. jamie

jamie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    floyd

i'm probably going to go the other way, and get the vt540 i've seen (and specify in the purchase order that i will reject dead pixels :)

although the blacks wont be so good, i think its quieter and i know its brighter, and i need it for business too - sadly

jamie

4. jamie

jamie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sam,

I used Comdis, who have a site at comdis.co.uk but they are really aimed at business users. However they understood that i wanted one for business and HT, and proceeded to get out a dvd player plug it in and do the works. their service was v good, and speedy - i gave them credit card details this morn and they are coming over this afternoon to drop it off. also i called yesterday for a demo and got it at 9 this morning. they have a few offices in london - mine is in the city.

note that they have a wide range, but they are mainly business aimed models (although many people seem to think, like me, the NECVT540 is a fantastic beast for either - its so quiet) - they have a load of NEC and sanyo etc, but no sony. they have DLp and LCD. their prices are v good and if you take out the 3 year warranty they throw in a dvd player :)

if you think they might be good for you, reply here, and i'll reply with the contact name of who i spoke to - he was good. probably a good idea to mention me so he knows where you're coming from.

jamie

5. samwiley

samwiley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jamie I've replied in a private message to avoid clogging up the thread.

6. samwiley

samwiley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jamie

Do you live in central London then?

'Cos I have the same problem trying to find places in London to see demos.

Can you recommend any London dealers?

Sam

7. samwiley

samwiley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jamie

Thanks for the COMDIS website address - and congrats on your new vt540.

I was wondering if you also looked at the NEC LT154 and if so why you prefered the VT540.

Sam