Trouble deciding between LG 55B1 or Samsung 65Q80a

Hayt

Novice Member
Both are around the same price. 55inch is the minimum i want. Budget around 1000e.
I will eventually buy a nextgen console and probaly play 1h or 2 a day to unwind after work but its mostly for tv/movies.

Dodgexander

I think most people would go for the bigger TV. There are advantages to the B1 over the Q80A though such as better screen uniformity, better viewing angles, perfect blacks and no motion blur.

There's not enough between the two TVs to be worth downsizing in my opinion. Perhaps a better option if you wanted OLED tech would be to go for the LG A1. You'll get more motion blur, but it should be an OLED TV available at 65" for cheaper than the B1.

There are also other OLED TVs, including models from last year that you may have local availability of. In the UK the Philips OLED706 tends to be a good deal.

Hayt

Novice Member
i heard the A1 has much lower brightness and a 60Hz refresh rate. while the Philips oled you mentioned is 120e more than the 55C1 at the same size.

Dodgexander

Prices in each region can be different, and most 2021 models are generally still quite overpriced. Is there no stock locally of last year's models?

Yes, the A1 has 60hz and therefore more motion blur, but it should still have less blur than an LCD TV overall like the Q80A and carries over other OLED characteristics.

I guess it comes down to quality versus size, Q80A is a good compromise with that if you want to retain 120hz gaming support.

Hayt

Novice Member
Any ''good'' 2020 models are more often than not more expensive. ie hisense 65u8q is almost 300e more than the 65u8g.
Sonys are unusually expensive here at the moment especially the OLEDs.

Dodgexander

The U8G is a worse TV than last year's U8Q.
With picture quality the U8Q is a FALD LCD TV with many zones and high brightness for HDR, more zones and brighter than the Samsung Q80A, but without HDMI 2.1.

TCL C825 an option at 65"? Probably a better TV overall than the Samsung Q80A.

Hayt

Novice Member
Pulled the trigger on the 65Q80A. Could not find any deals on TCL or Philips. Both are-at least- 200e more expensive.

Thanks Dodgexander, Merry Christmas

Hayt

Novice Member
Weird sale going on for a Sammy 55Qn90a for 999e. is that worth it? It's the same price as the 65Q83A? its supposed to have 576 dimming zones to the 80A`s 50

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom