1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble converting my 8mm tades to dv ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by andrew constant, Feb 2, 2003.

1. andrew constant

andrew constant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    can anyone tell me how to convert my old 8mm tapes from my camcorder to my dv camcorder via a vhs video , so far i have only managed to get a black & white pic through it ?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    If you are getting a B&W picture then my guess is that you are connecting your 8mm camcorder to your VCR with an S-Video lead. This will not work as a VCR can not receive an S-Video signal correctly. Use the yellow phono socket (composite) to connect to the VCR.
    Why are you connecting via your VCR? Why not go directly from 8mm camcorder to DV camcorder, this will enable you to use the S-Video (higher quality) connection or even if useing composite you will still get better quality as there is one less piece of equipment in the path to degrade the final recording.

Mark.

3. andrew constant

andrew constant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    my old 8mm camcorder only has the red ,white,yellow cable which i would then need a vhs to red ,white yellow,red cable,i think.would that work ?