Trouble connecting to Orange LiveBox

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

It connects to Live (360 Slim) via our Orange LiveBox but says the NAT Type is moderate, thats fine i can sort that later, but would that be the reason why i cant even connect to LIVE? Just says there's an error every time i try to make a new LIVE account after it says an update is needed too?

Any Help

B

burty

Hi,

I have a slim and orange live box, everything originally worked fine with my old Xbox but the slim had a moderate NAT, etc... I repeatedly kept getting errors, kicked out of party chat, couldn't join certain games, etc. There is a thread on here somewhere that guides you to giving the xbox a static IP address and adding it to the DMZ and so on, this cured my problems and may help you...

D

Deleted member 92943

Yeah sounds like the same issues and solution as you. Problem is that i have no idea what the password if for our LiveBox so, im screwed really :(

B

burty

Default is:

User: admin
Password: admin

Unless you have changed it of course.... :laugh:

D

Deleted member 92943

EDIT, I did have it sorted mate. Logged in and dropped the NAT settings to open. Worked for a while but then has started messing around again.

I found the sticky thread that guides on this but im not finding it easy at all to change the options on the LiveBox Router. Really starting to bug me now :(

B

burty

It took me many attempts to get it right, just when you think it is correct it stops working properly again!!!!:confused:

I followed this sticky several times:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox...s-guide-common-xbox-live-router-problems.html

In the end i reset the orange live box and the xbox followed all of the sticky and it has worked for the last 6 months....

Still have a problem where it sometimes doesn't connect on first boot up but connects fine second time...

Hope this helps a little...

D

Deleted member 92943

Yeah i need to have a LONG look through that guide because im not understanding it at all. :D

D

Deleted member 92943

Im getting annoyed now. I went in and opened up all the ports it asks for but im still having problems. Can take a couple of attempts to log in and i seem to get completely dropped from online during matches of Gears. Not happy...

Flawed Tactics

I had similar problems a while back, I reset of the router (Power off, press and Hold 1, power on) and it worked fine after that.

It may work for others.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom