Trouble Cancelling Sky Sub.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Garrett, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    I have been on Sky for quite some time since well back into the analogue era but I had been getting fed up with nothing but repeats, on screen logos and the well above inflation subscription.
    I cancelled my sub early in the year but round August time the rang me if I would like to try it again for 3 months at half the normal rate, which I agreed to.
    Last night I decided to cancel again and rang there number on the service page. After taking a load of details twice over I was told I could not cancel on that number but they gave me one to ring today.
    I rang the number and after them trying to change my mind for a good long time, said they would cancel it on the 30th January. At first I thought I had just missed my billing date and let it be, but then I thought it was a bit of a coincidence and looked at a statement and it is more near the middle of the month.

What the hell are Sky playing at when I cancelled before they said it would have to be up to a billing date not one months notice.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

As I have always understood it once you have completed the minimum term you still have to give one months notice of total cancellation.
    Downgrading subscription packages after the min term has been completed can be done on the day of the call.

Not sure why you were able to cancel before but CS staff are not well trained so perhaps you got lucky last time.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    So why does it take them a month to end your subscription, they was quick enough to switch me on when they rang me up also I was told I could cancel anytime I wanted over the phone, when they wanted me to re-try there service.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Probably because they want the extra months money from their subscribers, as you say with modern computing and billing there is no technical reason why everything can't be done there and then.

The CS rep might have been mistaken or plain out lied to get you to sign up, was this a SKY employee or the company they use to cold call former subscribers?