Trouble buying online on PSN

spencer_uk

Hi,

Has anyone had any trouble buying online today? I have not tried it before but each time I try to add some funds to my wallet I get told that the credit card transaction could not be completed.... I tried reinputting all my details but no joy....

Thanks,
Spencer.

dinkola

Novice Member
Has happened to me when my credit card expired, and I had to go the account setting to change my credit card details. The error message was rubbish - it didnt tell me I needed to update my details, just told me it couldnt be completed.

spencer_uk

thanks for the tip but mine is still in date :( did not get caught out by the Sept 1st thing that guess must happen alot....

breadbun

I had this problem on Thursday when I tried to buy Warhawk... wouldn't add funds to wallet. I foolishly deleted my card details and tried to add a different one... still no joy and now I can't re-input my original card details (or any other for that matter), as PSN Account Management keeps telling me the card details are invalid. Sony have escalated this issue and will (hopefully) get back to me, but its been a right royal pain in the ass. Missed out on a weekend of Warhawk because of it...

spencer_uk

guess it might be a common problem then... Maybe I will sit tight and wait...

breadbun

Not sure there's much else you can do. All Sony did on the phone was ask me the obvious questions, eg. was I sure I had entered the details correctly!

spencer_uk

did you get fixed in the end or is it still ongoing?

breadbun

Still ongoing I'm afraid, although I haven't checked today. Lost the will to be quite honest. They said they'd ring back, so I will be awaiting their call sometime tomorrow!!

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Makes one think. Maybe they should have gone with the points system MS and Nintendo use rather then faffing about with credit cards online.

breadbun

I liked the wallet idea to begin with, but this episode has kinda put me off! Latest from Sony - "server problems, check back in a few days!" and "you're not the only one experiencing these problems" - Cheers! :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom