• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tronsmart Vega S95 TV Box

PeteSco

Novice Member
Hey guys,

I just saw that this TV Box coming out:

cchnvOD.jpg

gHXSRXV.jpg

Specs:
wAYErr0.png

3 versions available:

E54xAWX.png

I'd like to know if it's any good any how does it compare to something like the MINIX NEO U1.

Thanks!

djcla

Distinguished Member
Can't find much info on it, be interested to know if it will do refresh rate switching, and if the latest plex works with dts hd passthrough on it etc.

PeteSco

Novice Member
Can't find much info on it, be interested to know if it will do refresh rate switching, and if the latest plex works with dts hd passthrough on it etc.
I'm not sure what you just said, I'm a newbie still, lol.
In general I wanted to know how it compares against something like the MINIX NEO U1, since you seem to know more about the subject.

djcla

Distinguished Member
They look to be pretty similar on paper. I'll research into the minix as well later. What do you need a box to do and have you read all the reviews/guides etc on avf?

PeteSco

Novice Member
They look to be pretty similar on paper. I'll research into the minix as well later. What do you need a box to do and have you read all the reviews/guides etc on avf?
Sorry but I haven't read all the reviews yet, I'm quite busy atm.
I want a tv box to watch series and movies on my HDD through USB (or something like a NAS), there shouldn't be any problem with that, I think, and maybe to watch Youtube videos or Twitch streams.
It would also be nice to use it as an Android PC if needed, I've seen different devices like the Remix Mini and GeekBox that have such functionalities, although this is not a necessity.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom