1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tron 2.0

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by CENSORED, Oct 16, 2003.

1. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unusual graphics (obviously) and plays like a fairly straightforward FPS. But I don't have a degree in quantum mechanics therefore I don't understand the resource interface. Can a scientist please explain what to do with all those bright sparkly things that I pick up and where is the best place to put them on that clock dial with the missing hands?

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    The things you are picking up are programs. You use them to enhance your abilities and give you extra weapons.

The clock face thing is your memory space. The black squares are free memory blocks that you can load progams into, and the blue squares are blocked and you can't put programs into them.

Programs are available in 3 levels - alpha, beta and gold. Each program is available in each of the formats (either as a pickup or you can find little robot things that upgrade a program by 1 level). Alpha programs take up more memory slots than beta which take up more slots than gold. As the program level increases, so its effects (more damage for weapons, jump higher, use less energy for weapons and so-on).

Because you can only load so many programs into memory at once, you have a bit of a juggling game with which programs to load at a time. To progress through the levels, don't be afraid to experiment with different programs at different times. Most of the time, your disc upgrades and armour upgrades are the main programs to have loaded. From time to time you'll need the rod primitive and associated programs to use the sniper function.

Just play about with them, you'll soon get the hang of it.

In the middle of the clock are some stats with bars. As you collect build points (little gold floaty things scattered about the levels) you can up your stats. Energy is a key stat. Without it, you can't download things from the resource bins.

There's plenty more, but isn't all this stuff covered in the manual?

3. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably, but I wouldn't know that.....would I? ;)