Tritton AX Pro - doesn anybody use them?

jwalsh82

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I picked a pair up today and whilst searching for some recommended delay/settings I notice everyone has a different version!!

Is mine new or old? If anyone has some and could advise that would be great :)

hiTtE.jpg

lUoyx.jpg

Looking at them i would say they are a newer version. The SC unit looks very nice!

I've had them before (older version though) and they are very good. I've got the Sharkoons now which are basically the AX Pro's rebranded and i couldn't be without them!

As for settings, on the volume control i usually have bass set to the lowest green light it will go. I have rears set to 3 clicks into the cyan. And the other 2 lights are set to the highest blue level it can go. This probably all sounds like gibberish but once you set them up you'll know what i'm talking about:D

As for the time delay settings, i can't remember exactly what i have set it too. I'll take a look at some older posts to see if i can find them.

Also, to find the right settings for you, go onto one of the many maps with chickens in either mw2 or mw3 (Karachi on mw2 was what i went on) and kill all the chickens bar one, stand directly in front of the remaining chicken and close your eyes, spin around, stop and you should be able to pin point the exact location of the chicken without opening your eyes. Tamper with the settings until you find what works for you:smashin:

Thanks Sharpy, I followed some similar advice with the bass from a youtube vid but it sounded a little tinny, maybe I did something wrong I'll try that later.

The chicken is a great idea.

Silly question regarding the colours, once they are set and you reduce/increase the master volume, they all move up colour anyway, but assume they keep the same levels?

Thanks Sharpy, I followed some similar advice with the bass from a youtube vid but it sounded a little tinny, maybe I did something wrong I'll try that later.

The chicken is a great idea.

Silly question regarding the colours, once they are set and you reduce/increase the master volume, they all move up colour anyway, but assume they keep the same levels?

Yeah when you adjust the volume each individual speaker keep the same levels to what you set it to. Same when you turn the headphones off, your settings are saved:smashin:

Also got the sharkoons here, you'll find that with the bass level turned down you can soundwhore sooo much easier, with it up the explosions/air support tends to overpower all the other sounds. I use pretty much identical settings to sharpy.

Only thing to watch is if you turn the main volume down all the way, the different channels will keep going down until they are all at the minimum which then means they'll be all the same when you turn it back up :smashin:

Exactly what sharpy and paul said, thats how my sharkoons were set up before they were chewed by the dog. I've got a set of TB PX5's for christmas so I'll be giving them a bash. Should be magic, no wires for dogs to chew.

What happened to the days of 2 dials that did everything you needed it to do?

*Goes to fix his sharkoons settings*

Yah, those are good settings... not anything like having them all roughly the same volume like some retards do!

I can't believe these are being sold and are nowhere to be seen on the Tritton website. I wanted to know how to reset the time delay settings, but on the official site (and anywhere I can find) it only refers to the older model (pressing the + and - button) but I don't have one, it's a dial.

the manual that came with them?

the manual that came with them?

Nothing in there Stevie. All it mentions is how to connect to various sources and what the buttons do (time delay, DRC e.t.c).

I have read the English part cover to cover and no mention how to reset it. In fact there are no FAQs or troubleshooting elements to it.

hmm strange

Considering getting some headphones only use the earpiece atm, what ones would u recommend? Does no one use the official ones?

In line with the other BoBs im getting a set of Sharkoons for Christmas. Getting them over the others as they actually have 4 speakers in each can so its not virtual surround sound but actual surround sound.

Thanks for the games babb yesterday, sorry i had to nip off sharpish :-(

In line with the other BoBs im getting a set of Sharkoons for Christmas. Getting them over the others as they actually have 4 speakers in each can so its not virtual surround sound but actual surround sound.

Technically multiple drivers is a flawed design according to experts, and Dolby Headphone was designed primarily for headphones with a single drive unit in each earpiece :smashin:

Well the last two posts show how much I know about headphones!!

Well the last two posts show how much I know about headphones!!

It really depends on how much you are prepared to spend. I did start a thread for headset recommendations here http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-hardware/1547609-5-1-dolby-digital-headset-recommendations.html and while I am still researching, I have started to acquire some different sets that I plan to do some form of comparison/shootout with.

I am waiting for some Sennheiser PC360's as these are supposed to be very good, and I already have some Astro A40's with a Mixamp, easy access to Turtle Beach PX21's with a DSS. I also plan to stir things up a little by adding a few random headsets and my Klipsch custom 'in ear' which sound stunning.

I will probably update my thread in the next few days with my opinions but what with Christmas here already, it's become quite hard finding the time for all this :rolleyes:

Technically multiple drivers is a flawed design according to experts, and Dolby Headphone was designed primarily for headphones with a single drive unit in each earpiece :smashin:
That's awesome, however the sharkoons/trittons don't use dolby headphone, they use/decode dolby digital which is designed for separate channels :smashin:

That's awesome, however the sharkoons/trittons don't use dolby headphone, they use/decode dolby digital which is designed for separate channels :smashin:

Yes I know, but they are still flawed due to their configuration, different sized drivers and crossover issues. And Dolby Headphone is one of the better surround options that exist today.

Personally, I have never tried them but plan to soon, I'm just not sure I could live with the cable layout of the Trittons so it may have to be Sharkoons if I do venture down the multiple driver path :)

I've got the sharkoons too as well as some corsairs for pc gaming.

The corsairs are Dolby headphone and the sharkoons are much much better.

Yes I know, but they are still flawed due to their configuration, different sized drivers and crossover issues. And Dolby Headphone is one of the better surround options that exist today.

Personally, I have never tried them but plan to soon, I'm just not sure I could live with the cable layout of the Trittons so it may have to be Sharkoons if I do venture down the multiple driver path :)

I've got Astro a40's and Sharkoons and prefer the Sharks by FAR!

You should really try them before coming to conclusions:smashin:

I've had the Triton ax pro's before and the cable layout was exactly the same as the Sharks from what i remember. They are basically the same headphones just rebranded:)

You should really try them before coming to conclusions
I've had the Triton ax pro's before and the cable layout was exactly the same as the Sharks from what i remember. They are basically the same headphones just rebranded:)

I plan to :smashin:

Do the Sharkoons use the proprietary connections that the Trittons do ? (I'm sure the older Tritton axpro uses a 9pin din connectors) ? Although looking at the pic in the Op of this thread the new? Tritton processor looks like it uses USB for both mic & headset ?

This is a problem as I planned to mix n match headsets for comparison purposes so I ruled the Trittons out.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom