Tripple SVS 13 ultras or dual?

Timme

I have PC13 ultra and found a good deal on one PB13 ultra or two PB13 with a bit lower price on the second sub.

I will have my subwoofers in the basement which is a rather big open space with the stairs up to the main floor which is also open. So to pressurize the whole hous I need more the three 13 ultras

So, my question is, do you think I will benefit from buying both PB13 ultra? Or will the gain be so small from having three instead of two that it would be better to just by one?

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
If you get two and stack them the output should be significantly more.

If it is a really large space and you want to take the bass to another level then an IB system with multiple 18" subs is the gold standard imo.

Timme

Ok so stacking them would be preferable compared to placing them individually? The basement is L shaped big space with open stairs up to main floor which’s also open

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
That's correct for more output. To improve frequency response separation may be a better option. Having said that you do have the option of the pc13 ultra for this purpose.

I would stack the PBs (corner load) for greatest output at the mlp and then move the PC around for optimal location to smooth out the response. Placement is key. Take as many measurements as necessary to find the best location for natural output/bass response. Only once that's achieved apply EQ (whatever device of choice) to tweak the final response. When it comes to EQ, less is more!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom