Tripole placement question

@if ®afiq

I'm expecting delviery of my new tripoles tomorrow and want to take the opportunity to re-position them if needed. I've attached a (lame) diagram showing sofa position as well as current and possible positions. My head is 64cm from the back wall. The speakers I will be using are the KK QFH - so they are angle down already - but I can still use the angle on the brackets to point down even further.

Current position:
Left speaker is around 1 metre from seating position and 1.2m from ear height - above the door frame. They are angled down but not by much.
Right speaker is almost 2 metre from seating poistion, 1.2m high and angles down also. It is attached to a pillar (can't remember the actual word). Just realised the picture is wrong as there is no wall on that side - just the rest of the room.
Both of these are slightly behind - I'd say around 110 degrees.

New possible poistion:
Both speakers behind the sofa.
80cm to the left and right - with the possibility of going closer. Can't go further as side wall.pillar may cause issues.
1m from ear hight. I can go higher at 80cm out, but not lower as the door opens that side. I can go closer and lower.

So the questions is - should I keep them to the sides, or bring them behind? And if behind, what height and distance?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• rears.png
    rears.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 43

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom