Tripod

chester desmond

Standard Member
Hi,

Can anyone direct me to a good source of information: thread/reviews/forum, regarding a good tripod & head combination for my lightweight camcorder?
(it's an HF100)

Alternatively, does anyone have any knowledge/opinions? It would be great to hear what everyone has/wants to have.

My price bracket is £100-£200.

I like the Manfrotto 190XBPRO but wonder that it doesn't go high enough - 146cm.

The Manfrotto 055XBPRO has the added height - 178cm - but also the extra weight. Something like another 0.6kg.

I was thinking of getting the Manfrotto 128RC head, or the 700RC2, both on the Jessops website. Or maybe just the 390RC2.

Does anyone have any thoughts, or any knowledge of other compatible makes & models - it doesn't havet to be Manfrotto.

Thanks,
Chester

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member
Have a look for Red snapper in the Digital photography gear section. There are a couple of threads going on these brilliant tripods.
Red snapper were doing their tripod and 3 way head for £69 but i think they have stopped that now. Dont let the low price fool you, these are very, very good.
Ive got one with the ball head and i cant fault it for the money.

Here's a link to the website
Redsnapper: Tripods & Heads

A n d r e w

Weight is actually a good thing, unless you plan on hiking with it. 600g is what a few chunky sandwiches weigh. If you can afford it, get a fluid head.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom