Tripod & Battery for Sony TRV-33

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Sam, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Sam

Sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm after some advice on buying a Tripod and long lasting battery for my Sony TRV-33.

I'm just after a basic tripod that can be used to film a wedding, has to be relatively tall. Any recommendations as to models and where to get them from?

Also would like to know where the best place to get a long lasting battery is?

Thanks,
    Sam

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    My advice... Don't break the bank on the tripod, don't use it too much. I film a lot and handheld always works better for most parts of a wedding, except the ceremony. You place a tripod somewhere and find you are in the wrong place by the time you have moved you've missed the action. I have a midrange Sony tripod with built in Lanc controller for the Zoom. The best thing I've bought for my 33 is a wide angle lens from Keene. The standard lens angle is very restrictive.

I need another battery for the 33, let me know what prices you find. PM [email protected]

I use a VX2000 normally but the 33 acts as a second camera and DV Deck into my edit suite.

3. Sam

Sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Duncan,

Cheers for the advice, I'll have a look around for batteries.

I'ma total 'noob' :blush: when it comes to cameras (My 33 is my first camera and I've barely used it really) so I need specific when it comes to tripods. Can you give me some links or model numbers of some recommended models? I literally want something to just stick the camera on for the ceremony and maybe occasionally during the reception, so nothing snazzy - as cheap as poss really!

4. jonna

jonna
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,311