Trip to Tenby

ilweran

Established Member
Reaction score
Went to Tenby for a few days this week, here are some pics. Comments welcome :D

1/800, f/4.5, 105 mm
Went on the 'Seal Safari', the pictures aren't great full size - boats just won't stay still! Found the Slingshot bag to be very useful on a boat - swung it round instead of taking it off, and then it easy to get the camera in and out quickly.

Shot in RAW & the exif data is gone. Levels, brightness & contrast all adjusted.

1/200, f/3.5, 28 mm
The Harbour - the picture everybody takes in Tenby.

1/3200, f/4, 40 mm
Took a boat trip to Caldey Island and saw this blue chair & door.

1/1600, f/9, 105 mm
The sea in the morning from above the South Beach

I like all of them.

I think 2 and 3 are my favourates though - Excellent compostion in 2 and wonderful exposure in 3. Really nice stuff. I'd be happy with all of them though.

:thumbsup:

Looks like you need a longer lens for those seals! More £££s :devil:

I do like #2. That's the pick of the bunch for me. Lots of detail, nice & sharp. Lovely shot.

The others are pretty cool too :thumbsup:

I went to Tenby on a family holiday about 30yrs ago. We went to Caldey. Did you try some of their chocolate? From memory it was GREAT!

I'd love to go back. Your pictures are very evocative to me.....thanks.

Gordon

I like all of them.

Thanks :) I like 2 as well. First time I've really tried playing with levels & I'm pleased with how it looks.

Looks like you need a longer lens for those seals! More £££s :devil:

I have a Sigma 70-300 but didn't take it on the boat, I thought it would just make it harder to get something reasonably sharp and unblurry.

Walking about in the evening made me want something with IS, and I'd also like something wider/replacement for the kit lens :devil:

I went to Tenby on a family holiday about 30yrs ago. We went to Caldey. Did you try some of their chocolate? From memory it was GREAT!

Go back! I went on holiday there a long time ago, possibly the first holiday I remember, although I don't remember much of it. Its a lovely place. We did buy some of the Caldey Island fudge and chocolate, not eaten the chocolate yet, but the fudge is great.

Walking about in the evening made me want something with IS

Wash your mouth out girl! That's for the dirty Canon's. You'll be wanting VR!

Great collection of shots, no. 2 is the pick of the bunch for me but the colours in no. 3 are great! :clap:

Wash your mouth out girl! That's for the dirty Canon's. You'll be wanting VR!

Great collection of shots, no. 2 is the pick of the bunch for me but the colours in no. 3 are great! :clap:

Thanks. And I did mean VR, honest :D Although I've been seeing a lot of Canon's about recently, quite a few of them with L lenses. <sigh> Makes me wish I had that much money to spend on some nice Nikon lenses.

:rolleyes: And I said I wasn't going to buy anymore.

Images 2, 3 and 4 are very good indeed. I especially like the bench and door in the town walls. Know that bench very well indeed. Hope you didn't disturb too many people eating their fish and chips!

Love the 2nd shot. Was that taken on the old town walls by any chance?

I was in Tenby earlier in the year, my set of images is here

Know that bench very well indeed. Hope you didn't disturb too many people eating their fish and chips!

No, they were all disturbing me by walking past and occaisionally pointing in an 'ooh look, someone with a camera' sort of way :D

Love the 2nd shot. Was that taken on the old town walls by any chance?

I was in Tenby earlier in the year

It was. Great walls, too many people walking past them.

I like your photos, wish I'd managed to get out with a tripod, but we were only there for three nights, and my other half likes to see me without a camera obscuring my face occaisionally!

And I really want a Sigma 10-20mm.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom