• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Trip to Spain - First time traveller where should I look??

GokuSS4

Banned
Hi all,

I feel like wanting to travel and decided on going to Spain but I have never stepped foot out of the UK by myself and the last time I went anywhere was when I was 14 >.<

I want to go for a couple of days maybe leave on a Friday and come back on a Sunday? Not sure where I should be going or where to look or anything I am totally new to all this and a find it a bit scary lol.

I've never been to clubs and to be honest thats not my thing, I'm a gamer always have been and want to just do something different for a change especially since I'm being let go from work and just need a change of scenery for a couple of days.

So where should I go? What site should I check on? Which hotels? My budget is around £150 including a hotel if thats even possible dont need anything fancy but at the same time dont want my stuff stolen so need someplace secure and nice.

I dont want it to be like those situations on tv where you see awesome pictures and then when you get to your hotel its a contruction works melt down >.<

I really need my hand held here lol so I am sorry if this post is a bit nuts >.<

signs

Banned
Get a cheep flight to Girona , plenty to see there , then get the train to Figueres to go and have a look at the Dali museum :thumbsup:

GokuSS4

Banned
Get a cheep flight to Girona , plenty to see there , then get the train to Figueres to go and have a look at the Dali museum :thumbsup:

I'm hoping they speak some English then cos going on the train in a foreign country oh boy *cries* just the thought of it is scary!

Steven

Senior Moderator
Best kind of travel; just take hand luggage and breeze through UK airports :cool:

£150 flights and accommod is not much, can count out a hotel (at least average and above ones). You may consider a hostel (hostelbookers, hostelworld). You can book private rooms if dorms do not take your fancy. Alternatively check out my thread about Airbnb
I'm hoping they speak some English then cos going on the train in a foreign country oh boy *cries* just the thought of it is scary!
It is courteous to make an effort with the locals but honestly you can get by with "hola", "gracias" and intuition

GokuSS4

Banned
Best kind of travel; just take hand luggage and breeze through UK airports :cool:

£150 flights and accommod is not much, can count out a hotel (at least average and above ones). You may consider a hostel (hostelbookers, hostelworld). You can book private rooms if dorms do not take your fancy. Alternatively check out my thread about Airbnb

It is courteous to make an effort with the locals but honestly you can get by with "hola", "gracias" and intuition

Thank you, am still getting information together I know a couple of words in Spanish like the ones you mentioned so that will be handy :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom