Trinnov Altitude 16/32 Owners Thread

Hi all, little bit of a kink I hoped someone could pitch in on. I have run a new calibration to setup up on my full 15.1 setup, just added the two wides.
Calibration went as expected. Chose the Atmos narrow preset during speaker selection. Set my target curve and all sound good. Problem is that 2D and 3D remap does not appear to be working. When I am inputing multichannel music via roon with with remap enabled only 5.1 speakers are being utilised, due to imperfect placement I would expect rear surrounds and at least one of the wides would be employed to get the correct sound stage. This is also happening in movies. Hence center sounds low down and is very obviously not getting the elevation effect from the other speakers.

Has onyone else encountered this before?

I don't think that I changed anything to cause this to happen. I did try a reboot etc.

Thanks in advance

I paid over the phone in full. No deposit
If you paid by credit card, not debit card, and your still unhappy with the dealers proposal then speak with the company that issued the card.

Hi @zamwessell

I think the guys who mentioned the UK Distance Selling regulations are right that you are covered. If you haven't already, take a look at this from the UK Government website:

You can see there are many things that the dealer should have told you before the order, including your cancellation rights. So if he didn't, he's in breach. Ignoring that, you have 14 days from delivery to cancel and get a full refund without having to give any reason. So unless you commited to a contract explicitly mentioning the restocking fee before you paid, then you should be OK as I understand it.

Good luck

Hi @zamwessell
So unless you commited to a contract explicitly mentioning the restocking fee before you paid, then you should be OK as I understand it.

Completely irrelevant. Contracts still have to be lawful and fair. You simply cannot contract away lawful rights and since any terms that attempted to do so would also be unfair that part of the contract would be unenforceable. Doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the contract wouldn't be though.

I explained my predicament to the dealer in my initial email. He is willing to refund. He says he will incur a restocking fee charged by Trinnov for returning it to them. If it is small, for example £100, then i will not mind. It is a UK based sale.

That is your dealers problem and not yours. Unless this was anything other than an off the shelf Alt16 then the dealer would have no problems in selling this to someone else. Of course if you had ordered a custom version in lime green with neon orange spots then that would be a different matter.

I am of course assuming that you have ordered a stock model from a supplier that carries Trinnov as part of its standard product offering. If the supplier isn't a Trinnov dealer then they may have a valid case.

Has the Dolby Surround update for front wides gone live yet? Some AVS Forum members are stating it has. Not sure for what brands.

I explained my predicament to the dealer in my initial email. He is willing to refund. He says he will incur a restocking fee charged by Trinnov for returning it to them. If it is small, for example £100, then i will not mind. It is a UK based sale.

Others have mentioned the rules around distance selling. The 'distance selling regulations' were replaced by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

The 2013 regs give consumers the right to cancel a contract up to 14 days after taking delivery, and to obtain a full refund plus a refund of the cost of delivery. The business can only charge an amount to recover a reduction in the goods' value as a result of the them being handled. In the case of goods that haven't even been received, that's obviously irrelevant.

In your case you haven't even taken delivery. Basically, you're entitled to a full refund. Regulation 29 of the 2013 Regulations provides:

"The consumer may cancel a distance or off-premises contract at any time in the cancellation period without giving any reason, and without incurring any liability ..."

There are exceptions to that, but none of them would apply in the circumstances you've described. As mentioned, the 'cancellation period' runs from the point of contracting until 14 days after delivery (see reg 30).

If they have to pay a restocking fee to Trinnov it's tough shit for them. You can cancel, without giving a reason, and they need to refund you in full.

Others have mentioned the rules around distance selling. The 'distance selling regulations' were replaced by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

The 2013 regs give consumers the right to cancel a contract up to 14 days after taking delivery, and to obtain a full refund plus a refund of the cost of delivery. The business can only charge an amount to recover a reduction in the goods' value as a result of the them being handled. In the case of goods that haven't even been received, that's obviously irrelevant.

In your case you haven't even taken delivery. Basically, you're entitled to a full refund. Regulation 29 of the 2013 Regulations provides:

"The consumer may cancel a distance or off-premises contract at any time in the cancellation period without giving any reason, and without incurring any liability ..."

There are exceptions to that, but none of them would apply in the circumstances you've described. As mentioned, the 'cancellation period' runs from the point of contracting until 14 days after delivery (see reg 30).

If they have to pay a restocking fee to Trinnov it's tough sh*t for them. You can cancel, without giving a reason, and they need to refund you in full.

Thank you. I have emailed to make him aware of this. I really appreciate your advice.

I'm just familiarizing with my Altitude 32, can't wait to add wides and then re calibrate, can I ask a stupid question, when doing multiple measurements that are not MLP are you supposed to place the mic red dot at the centre speaker or just at the screen.

Please clarify what you mean.
Do you mean place in front of the centre speaker or point to centre speaker form multiple positions?

Yeah, place mic where you'd sit and have it facing centre speaker with red dot facing centre channel, left and right measurements, do you toe in the mic to face centre channel or keep it at 90 deg to screen front.

I'm just familiarizing with my Altitude 32, can't wait to add wides and then re calibrate, can I ask a stupid question, when doing multiple measurements that are not MLP are you supposed to place the mic red dot at the centre speaker or just at the screen.

not needed unless you use one of these as your MLP and use the 3D re-mapping.

can people post their target curves and bass management settings please

Where can I set the delay for the sub?
Or add a delay for the remaining speakers.

can people post their target curves and bass management settings please

here is mine

05FD5D69-F2F1-4AB5-A51E-1FA9A49C0014.jpeg

Thanks I'll post mine tomorrow. This is similar to mine.

An example, I have MLP center facing 90 degree red dot to center spk, and if I want to have MLP on my left or right seat, I will place my mic at left or right seat with red dot facing center spk?

And if I just want normal center as MLP ONLY, I can then place the mic facing front 90 defree at the left or right seat?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom