Trinnov Altitude 16/32 Owners Thread

that’s the great thing about the trinnov.....literally everything (bar full metal jacket which was awful) sounds amazing on it.

Ford vs Ferrari is demo worthy stuff.

Ive had virtually no issues with lip sync, only on 1 film have I noticed it, but I think that was the actual film and not anything to do with my setup.

Pity to hear that about FMJ as I've got it on 4k to watch at some point.

Ford v Ferrari sounded (and looked) spectacular. The clarity in Bales dodgy accent was something to behold :rotfl:

I think the lip sync issue is a combo of the centre speaker sitting a bit too low and me being out of the sweet spot and it sounding too detached from the screen. I angled it up last night while watching and it sounds much better.

Hopefully doing that will also help with a horrible dip at 120hz. I'll re-run the Optimiser over the weekend and find out.

I also listened to some music before bed last night. This thing sounds so good and is very addictive

Pity to hear that about FMJ as I've got it on 4k to watch at some point.

Ford v Ferrari sounded (and looked) spectacular. The clarity in Bales dodgy accent was something to behold :rotfl:

I think the lip sync issue is a combo of the centre speaker sitting a bit too low and me being out of the sweet spot and it sounding too detached from the screen. I angled it up last night while watching and it sounds much better.

Hopefully doing that will also help with a horrible dip at 120hz. I'll re-run the Optimiser over the weekend and find out.

I also listened to some music before bed last night. This thing sounds so good and is very addictive

regarding the dip, it’s worth playing around with the crossover on the trinnov whilst using REW , they’re so flexible you can really fine tune these sort of dips out.

Dear gurus, I tried to setup up my minidsp 2x4hd to use with the Alt16.

What volume should I set in the minidsp 2x4hd in the input or output?

What vol should I use for the REW calibration?

I using 1 channel output from the Alt16 to input 1 of the 2x4hd, followed by connecting 4 sub to all the outputs of the 2x4hd.

After doing the calibration in Rew, whenever I start room optimizer in the Alt16, the sub vol is always so small and I feel like I'm turning up the vol knob for the subs up crazily high

By the way I am using 4 diy subs, with 2 x sub connecting to 1 Behringer nx6000D each.

Dear gurus, I tried to setup up my minidsp 2x4hd to use with the Alt16.

What volume should I set in the minidsp 2x4hd in the input or output?

What vol should I use for the REW calibration?

I using 1 channel output from the Alt16 to input 1 of the 2x4hd, followed by connecting 4 sub to all the outputs of the 2x4hd.

After doing the calibration in Rew, whenever I start room optimizer in the Alt16, the sub vol is always so small and I feel like I'm turning up the vol knob for the subs up crazily high

By the way I am using 4 diy subs, with 2 x sub connecting to 1 Behringer nx6000D each.

the volume level shouldn’t be any different with the minidsp as without it. If the minidsp volume is at its default setting of 0, the level should be the same as if it wasn’t in the chain.

Have you gain matched and time aligned all of your subs prior to any sort of calibration? This is essential you do this first.

when you’ve done this, you can then run your EQ in the trinnov and then finally fine tune (if needed) on the minidsp.

In terms of volume level on REW, I usually use a level that peaks somewhere between 90-100db, although it doesn’t really make much difference if you know you have lots of headroom.

the volume level shouldn’t be any different with the minidsp as without it. If the minidsp volume is at its default setting of 0, the level should be the same as if it wasn’t in the chain.

Have you gain matched and time aligned all of your subs prior to any sort of calibration? This is essential you do this first.

when you’ve done this, you can then run your EQ in the trinnov and then finally fine tune (if needed) on the minidsp.

In terms of volume level on REW, I usually use a level that peaks somewhere between 90-100db, although it doesn’t really make much difference if you know you have lots of headroom.
Yup already gain matched and align the 4. Just curious as the behringer vol know don't go pass 12 o clock in my marantz last time.

To further add, I can calibrate the first position successfully..I would like to proceed to 2nd point but is unsuccessful as room optimizer finds that the vol too soft . Or for what the issue is, despite I ramp up the vol even more, still can't finish the 2nd position successfully

Yup already gain matched and align the 4. Just curious as the behringer vol know don't go pass 12 o clock in my marantz last time.

To further add, I can calibrate the first position successfully..I would like to proceed to 2nd point but is unsuccessful as room optimizer finds that the vol too soft . Or for what the issue is, despite I ramp up the vol even more, still can't finish the 2nd position successfully

have you got a projector or AC unit on at the same time as the calibration?

They both produce fan noise between 60-80hz, so could be interfering with your calibration.

Other than that, I’m assuming nothing is getting in the way of the microphone?

have you got a projector or AC unit on at the same time as the calibration?

They both produce fan noise between 60-80hz, so could be interfering with your calibration.

Other than that, I’m assuming nothing is getting in the way of the microphone?
No AC nor projector. Nothing in the way of the microphone too... Well my subs are at the back of my cough but they are producing adequate vol from what I hear as well as it was on the green zone prior to the start of the Calibration. Am really clueless.

All speakers either on the green zone or slight red before the actual calibration start. But still get this crest issue when comes to sub... This is sad man.

I would like to think that somehow it's due to the low db of certain freq in my room esp the mic is away from MLP.. but I still can hear sound coming out from my sub, how can not the microphone? 😅

No AC nor projector. Nothing in the way of the microphone too... Well my subs are at the back of my cough but they are producing adequate vol from what I hear as well as it was on the green zone prior to the start of the Calibration. Am really clueless.

All speakers either on the green zone or slight red before the actual calibration start. But still get this crest issue when comes to sub... This is sad man.

I would like to think that somehow it's due to the low db of certain freq in my room esp the mic is away from MLP.. but I still can hear sound coming out from my sub, how can not the microphone? 😅
I can go into a preset (which I already have my MLP calibrated) and from there add new measurements without affecting the first ain't it?

An interesting overview here for those who might be sitting on the fence so to speak.

So these people listened to both rooms and preferred the trinnov room, even though the trinnov room had less speakers and all the speakers were a lower spec?

So these people listened to both rooms and preferred the trinnov room, even though the trinnov room had less speakers and all the speakers were a lower spec?

When you’re looking at The trinnov/ datasat and Lyngdorfs, most people have an idea what their requirements are - especially if they’re forum members. Hats off to the dealers like Rich that have this kind of kit available to demo.

More speakers do not necessarily equate to better sound. M&K150’s are incredible loudspeakers suited to the size of the the room.
Honestly we do know what we are doing when designing a room, especially our showroom.

Yes it's great that rich is able to do this.

Most people want demos so it can help them decide between similar priced products.

Why not simply have a seperat calibration or 2 for the trinnov in the same room to make it easy on people, so they can accurately assess which they prefer.

There is a large disparity between the speakers in both rooms compounded by the fact that one of the room has more speakers as well.

More speakers do not necessarily equate to better sound. M&K150’s are incredible loudspeakers suited to the size of the the room.
Honestly we do know what we are doing when designing a room, especially our showroom.

No one is saying you don't know what your doing or that the mk s150 is a bad speaker.
I purchased some from you for my last build. 😁 And I'm sure you have designed the rooms to a very high standard.

Only the s300"s are a big step up from the s150's.

Yes it's great that rich is able to do this.

Most people want demos so it can help them decide between similar priced products.

Why not simply have a seperat calibration or 2 for the trinnov in the same room to make it easy on people, so they can accurately assess which they prefer.

There is a large disparity between the speakers in both rooms compounded by the fact that one of the room has more speakers as well.

You can please some of the people some of The time,but you can’t please all the people all the time. I think Richards doing fine, he needn’t change anything.

Some businesses listen to customer and prospect feedback and some don't. Some have the opinion that you can't please everyone. Guess which business have the most success statisticly?

If you read up I'm not the only one of this opinion.

Room for one more?:D My Altitude32 landed today. It won’t be installed properly for a while yet, but coming from the datasat rs20i, the build quality of the 32 Is equally impressive ..the front panel is beautiful.

3D468F6E-0060-4B47-A85C-7FE7946EED95.jpeg
1EE915BE-7EA1-4B99-9EDF-EBD48CD4436E.jpeg

Very nice. What did you go for 24 channel?

Any idea what amps would be recommend if one wanted to use digital out?

Very nice. What did you go for 24 channel?

Any idea what amps would be recommend if one wanted to use digital out?

Ive not decided final channel count as yet ..my amps are dsp matched to my speakers so no comment on what digital amps may be suitable for your speakers or setup.

I wish to apply a low shelf rise to my sub using room optimizer, however I don't see any graphical representation graph. Is there a place I can see in the optimizer?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom