Trinnov Altitude 16/32 Owners Thread

400w at 4ohm?

Untill it is released hard to compare. I head it in action earlier this year and it was fantastic. Purify technology, 8x400w or bridgeable 4x800w.
I was excited about purify 1ET400 until I read the audioscience testing on the M28 implementation vs M27, this new tech seems picky on its OEM buffer partner!

Yes, I read that too, they seemed to prefer the M27, as the stats for the M28 didn't look too great :(

Also, what use is 8 amp channels surely 9 for all the 2020 bed channels is what we all want, else 7 is next step down? At least one of those 16 avr outputs is going to be a sub, hence odd number rules the day!
PS Amplitude the possible exception here as it’s high speaker count capable system, so lots of amps probably the norm

Also, what use is 8 amp channels surely 9 for all the 2020 bed channels is what we all want, else 7 is next step down? At least one of those 16 avr outputs is going to be a sub, hence odd number rules the day!

Most new processors are 16 channel now, admittedly 1 of those will be for a sub but 2 x 7 channels wouldn’t be enough and 2 x 9 channels would be too many.

Most new processors are 16 channel now, admittedly 1 of those will be for a sub but 2 x 7 channels wouldn’t be enough and 2 x 9 channels would be too many.
I agree but don’t you think usually the speakers in the height Channels dont have the same amp performance requirement for reasons of both audio content and installed speaker quality

I agree but don’t you think usually the speakers in the height Channels dont have the same amp performance requirement for reasons of both audio content and installed speaker quality
We use same amplification on all channels for our installations and high quality height speakers.

my new height speakers are the same power rating as the rest of my speakers.

We use same amplification on all channels for our installations and high quality height speakers.
I’ve got 4 procella height speakers in my room, but will I add another M27 to now drive them the same ? probably....but largely because I need a quality amp for the rear channels and only have four heights, not sure the heights alone would sway me.
ps sorry for going of topic on this but surely 9 channels, ideally one min bridgeable (for centre) would suit most setups.

Last edited:
2 x 8 channels gives 16. If you run a passive sub then 16 are used.
One passive underpowered sub, draining PSU power from other channels in a 16 channel amp system, Seriously???
Nuff Said!

my new height speakers are the same power rating as the rest of my speakers.
Yes mine too, but probably we‘re both daft!!! (No offence meant)

One passive underpowered sub, draining PSU power from other channels in a 16 channel amp system, Seriously???
Nuff Said!
Plenty of power all channels driven with the 8400. How do you think SL boundary woofers are driven?

Don't think anyone here is using or planning on using sl boundary woofers.

Maybe 400w at 4Ohm is enough for sl boundary woofers. But not for most people here. Branded subs will have integrated amps. For DIY they will mostly have/need more than 400w.

I'm on the verge of purchasing an Altitude 16 and I'd really like some owner feedback on 2-channel music reproduction. I'm unable to demo a Trinnov unit at this time, so any input is incredibly valuable.

My system is in an untreated "great" room of our home. It doubles as my 2-ch stereo music listening area as well as our "home theater". I'm considering replacing my Bryston SP3 processor, Bryston BDA-2 DAC, and Bryston BDP-2 digital player (via Roon) with a Trinnov Altitude 16 (I also have an Oppo BDP-203, Apple 4k TV, and Kaleidescape Strato for sources).

My concern is how 2-ch stereo music will sound with the Trinnov, as it becomes the digital player, DAC, and pre-amp. Any comparrison or impressions anyone has had using the Altitude in this capacity would be invaluable!

Thanks,

- Garrett

I've heard Trinnov systems sounding amazing with 2 channel and even better when using an up mixer to create multichannel music, which is part of the reason I've ordered one recently.
However, it's a big risk if you haven't heard one. Can I ask where you're based? I'm sure a good dealer would be happy to help.

Thanks, I'll PM you with my location.

It's just a whole different idea than I'm used to. I've "grown up" with the "treat the room, not the music" idea, and I've always strived to have my music as clean/pure/original as possible. I always believed I'd have a nice pre/pro and a separate analog pre-amp and DAC & player, since it seemed the two could never meet in the middle. The Bryston SP3 was that "in the middle" processor. It is essentially an analog preamp with a processor included. But, it won't support Atmos/DTS:X, and it's slow when switching audio formats, which happens ALL the time these days (nearly every time I press a button on my Apple TV, going from a video to the menu, etc).

If I could afford it, I'd just resign myself to a nice pre/pro AND a separate preamp/DAC/player, but that's out of the question for a long while. I'm hoping the Trinnov is my new unicorn. :)

- Garrett

I'm on the verge of purchasing an Altitude 16 and I'd really like some owner feedback on 2-channel music reproduction. I'm unable to demo a Trinnov unit at this time, so any input is incredibly valuable.

My system is in an untreated "great" room of our home. It doubles as my 2-ch stereo music listening area as well as our "home theater". I'm considering replacing my Bryston SP3 processor, Bryston BDA-2 DAC, and Bryston BDP-2 digital player (via Roon) with a Trinnov Altitude 16 (I also have an Oppo BDP-203, Apple 4k TV, and Kaleidescape Strato for sources).

My concern is how 2-ch stereo music will sound with the Trinnov, as it becomes the digital player, DAC, and pre-amp. Any comparrison or impressions anyone has had using the Altitude in this capacity would be invaluable!

Thanks,

- Garrett

Not sure if you have seen this thread: Trinnov ST2 HiFi vs Lyngdorf RP

Might be of some use? There are also a few users on AVS that use Trinnov as a Roon end point. We use our demo Trinnov with Roon to good effect, but our focus is more on Home Cinema.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom