1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trilogy 2 RGB Switch Box

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by deye, May 7, 2003.

1. deye

deye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Anyone bought this switch box which also acts as extending the no. of RGB scart sockets ?

Any opinions will be much appreciated.

deye

2. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I don't know anything about the Trilogy, but I've heard about people being quite happy with one which is sold in Argos for £9.75 (if I remember correctly), and there's also a good one sold in Dixons for £19.99.
    Hope that helps.

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep ^_^ I'm very happy with the Argos one considering its pricepoint and image quality produced. Of course you can go all out and buy the Quattro+ for a mere £70 but its your call to decide how much quality you can notice between the two, if at all.

I've recommended the same scart box/splitter to my gaming and TV colleagues and I haven't heard a bad word from it.

For a tenner you can't go far wrong and if you don't like it, give it back ^_^

4. staxdoobie

staxdoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    But am I right in thinking that the Argos switch doesn't feature auto widescreen switching?

5. deye

deye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Thanks for the responses.

I am looking for a switch box to connect dig box and dvd RGB outputs to the only one RGB input on the telly.

I don't know if the ones sold by Argos or Dixons are okay for RGB connections. They manual ones too, I suppose.

The Trilogy 2 costs £60 but it has many features :

Automatically detects which of the three inputs devices has last been switched from standby mode to ON.
    A push-button selector switch on the front panel will override this function.
    Individual LED inidicators show which input is selected.
    Automatic scart switching of the TV RGB mode.
    Automatic wide-screen switching (Pin 8 output from all Digital Satellite/Cable boxes allows automatic 16:9 - 4:3 picture).

Unless someone know of any switch boxes for a cheaper price having these features ???

Cheers

deye

6. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    There's a thread on 'Plasma and LCD displays' which I think might be the scart box you're talking about.

Look for 'Keene scart commander - superb'

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Well the £15 JVC one i bought from Dixons works perfectly totally passive so only one device on at a time but 4 RGB inputs one gold plated output!!!!!
    Great for GC,DVD,STB

8. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I brought a RGB scart splitter from maplin electronics, sure, it worked, but the picture was noticalby degraded.

It's a joke that most tv's only come with one, or two at the most RGB sockets.

I need three inputs and am always having to swap scarts around. pain in the arse.

9. Ian Maurice

Ian Maurice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A splitter is quite different to a switch. The switch can be essentially passive where as a splitter can't.

10. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Argos one supports RGB so it also has auto widescreen switching ^_^ Picture quality hasn't dropped as well and for £9.95 you can't argue. If you don't believe me just pick one up and test it.. If you don't like it then by all means return it. It has a seperate RGB button. A-B, A-C link buttons (I never use these), and inputs A, B and C to select from.

The only thing missing from this are the flashy LEDs but if you seriously want that featue just add it yourself for pennies ^_^

Sure there are more expensive ones about but if I were to spend the cash then the Quattro+ would be the only option for me. The Argos scart splitter has done a superb job for me when I didn't have my component cables, but its still in use now for my Sky and other consoles.

11. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I use to have the Argos SWITCH box (B-Tech BT21) and highly recommend it.
    It's important to realise that switch boxes and splitters are NOT the same.

I recently upgraded to the QUINTRO+ (NOTEthe QUATTRO is the older version and does not support WS switching) for two reasons.
    1. I got fed up of having to get out of my chair to switch sources (call me lazy!)

2. There's a chance that I might get a fourth RGB device (Freeview box).

I recommend the Quintro as long as you don't use the hi-fi audio ootputs to an amp as they distort the sound.

12. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the Quintro+ is rather sweet. I only have 2 RGB sources now as almost everything visually uses component leads for progressive scan but if you want to spend the cash I can't argue with the Quintro+.

13. deye

deye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info, guys

How much is the QUINTRO + please ?