1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triband without a camera?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Duncy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Duncy

Duncy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my relatively ancient P7389 Timeport (just showing the first signs of failing...) with something a bit more modern :clap:

Any advice, suggestions, no-go's from experience here as to where I look? I'm currently with Virgin as I'm happy to be 'contract' free and pay for the phone. Any phone must be Triband and must NOT have any camera :nono:

Thanks
    :hiya:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,776
    Siemens SL-55. About 18 months old, now. You can pick them up either from Virgin, or from non-franchised phone shops. Last time I looked they were selling for about GBP150.

3. hornet_boys

hornet_boys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently on the virgin website they are selling a tri-band Siemens A60 - for an unbelievable £30 which includes free delivery, a sim card with £5 credit and another £10 worth of credit. If you use the 'glue' refer a friend offer and recommend yourself to yourself (or another Virgin user) you earn another £10 credit for them (or you) so in effect get the phone for £5

I bought this phone just before Christmas as a cheap back up to my main phone. I tested it out for a few days and it works perfectly fine. I have however not yet tested abroad so cannot vouch for it outside of the country.

http://www.virginmobile.com/mobile/cms/view-page?page=SIE-STD-A60-1

4. awarner

awarner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can try the Motorola MPX200 this is an excellent Windows powered Smartphone that does not have a built in camera.
    Carphone warehouse are now doing them on PAYG for around £70
    If you decide to get one make sure it is a european model and not an AT&T as the american version that was released as dual band and not triband.