Tribal UK order experience th42px70ped

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by CJ90000, May 4, 2007.

1. CJ90000

CJ90000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just detailing an order experience from Tribal UK
    ordered the TH42PX70PED for £829 inc vat + delivery £15 morning - quidco 2.75% (not sure if it worked though lol) and £5 voucher code.

£839 all in (less about £23 quidco 2.75% i think)

unfortunately right after i order it

i get an order confirmation saying that it is out of stock
    despite the website saying it was in stock.....

so am now trying to get a hold of them on the phone to find out whats going on...or ill unfortunately cancel the order....

grrr i hate retailers who advertise instock and 2-5 days delivery then blatantly fail to deliver!!!!!!!! for me these are part of the reason why i buy it from them in the first place :(

(been on hold 15 mins so far with them)

looks like a cancel and refund situation tbh (i am generally quite strict with buying things because i really dont like being faffed about)

ok spoke to someone.

They said their website was updated twice a day regarding stock situation

Which i thought was strange because straight after my order i checked and ONLY the px70ped was showing out of stock. All the rest of the plasma tvs were showing INSTOCK (2-5 DAYS DELIVERY) Which in my honest opinion is a deception. More likely these items are actually out of stock.....

She said there was limited stock but was unable to tell me how much and she was also unable to tell me if anyone else had placed an order for this tv set.

She was also unable to provide information as to when they would get the tv back in stock.

So not exactly a great first impression ehh

I have to wait until tuesday as thats the day the order will be processed (i guess because they go home early on a friday?? 2:40pm placed the order)

2. CJ90000

CJ90000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just checked the tribal uk site

curiously enough

they've JUST put their prices up for the TH42PX70PED TO £857.99
    (USED TO BE £829) Luckily my order confirmation is for the £829 price so hopefully will get it at that price?

edit: unfortunately the avforums partner link still shows it at the cheaper price hmph

http://avforums.pgpartner.co.uk/search_getprod.php/masterid=34579663//

3. CJ90000

CJ90000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    OK FOLKS just got this email from tribal uk

--------------------------
    Your order xxxxxx has been recieved and processed, payment has now been cleared and your order is being allocated a delivery window.

Your Panasonic TH42PX70PED will be delivered on: Monday to Friday: No Set Date - Before Midday

----------------------

So it looks like they did have a little bit of stock left :) so hopefully a delivery this week.

btw - does this mean they have taken my money from my account or just reserved it? The reason i ask is because im very tempted by Crampton and Moores samsung Q97 42" plasma which is a tiny bit cheaper but with 3 year warranty and a quicker delivery (normally 2-3 day as opposed to tribaluks 5 day)

tribaluk aint open today though so ill phone tomorrow morning to confirm whats happening and if they have taken the money.

typical i order a tv and then another tv looks even more tempting! :suicide: :D

edit: hrmm tribaluk are doing the samsung q97 for £744 + delivery maybe i could just swap them? :)

4. CJ90000

CJ90000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    hi folks,

phoned tribaluk

they have said to me item is out of stock and was apparently out of stock at time of order (a lie because it clearly stated it was in stock on their website)

they are due to get them back in on the 11th may. Theyve also decided to take the money from my account even though the item was out of stock. What they should have done was say to me the item was out of stock and do i want to proceed with the order.

Theyve said money shld be back in my account within 3-5 days. Is there any way i can get them to speed this up?

so im cancelling and will probably order from someone else. (crampton and moores samsung is a possibility)

no i dont recommend because i dont agree with the practice of taking money for items they dont have. But if your happy with that then order from them i guess.

:rolleyes:

5. MikeMan

MikeMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just been through this same exercise ... i.e. I placed an order for my tv on tribal, they then told me it was out of stock ... and couldn't give me an estimate of when it would be back.

I cancelled my order last tuesday ... and i received the money in my account by saturday .... no problems just wish they'd sort out their in/out stock business.

6. nitram_tpr

nitram_tpr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I have experienced this sort of thing a couple of times, ordered something that the website says is in stock, only to get an email saying it's out of stock :mad:
    What winds me up is is when you get the out of stock email, then check the webby and it's still showing in stock :nono:

Well, hope you get it sorted and get your TV soon :cool:

7. CJ90000

CJ90000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i'm trying to order mine in time for the fa cup final/champions league final :D

EDIT: was seduced into buying the samsung. tbh it seems a better all round tv i think it even has a headphone socket yay! quoted me a standard delivery of 2-3 days

8. loudnproud

loudnproud
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There's a reason that they are so cheap it would appear...!!:cool: