Triax MOD103T Help

Tutrum

Novice Member
Hi - looking for some help setting up the Triax MOD103T
I am currently using the RF2 output on a Sky HD box to send the signal to a bypass amplifier in the loft which sends the Sky box channel to all of the other TV‘S in the house and I can change the channels using magic eyes no problem but when I tried to use the Triax today using the default setup CH36 I was able to find the channel ok on the other TV’s but there was no volume just a buzzing interference noise and I was unable to change the Sky channel?

I am based in Aberdeen and any assistance would be great appreciated

Regards
Tutrum

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Make sure the Sky box audio is set to stereo PCM. It's likely the the Triax cannot handle Dolby Digital audio.

Tutrum

Novice Member
Thanks Graham
You are correct and if I switch off Dolby Digital in the Sky box which is in the lounge the sound on all of the other TV’s in the house are fine, the down side to this is that I have a Sonos surround sound setup in the lounge which I loose when I do this. My workaround will be that I will just switch off the Dolby Digital when we want to watch a Sky HD channel (the sound on non Sky HD channels is fine) in any other room.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks Graham
You are correct and if I switch off Dolby Digital in the Sky box which is in the lounge the sound on all of the other TV’s in the house are fine, the down side to this is that I have a Sonos surround sound setup in the lounge which I loose when I do this. My workaround will be that I will just switch off the Dolby Digital when we want to watch a Sky HD channel (the sound on non Sky HD channels is fine) in any other room.

That's because in general only the HD channels use dolby digital audio. SD ones uses mpeg1 layer 2 (PCM),

Finding a active converter to convert Dolby Digital to PCM on the link to the modulator is hard.

There is a old thread somewhere where a poster found such a device and imported it into the US.

I have a similar issue with a 3 zone Denon AVR.

I can use DD audio provided zone 2 or zone 3 is not selected to the same source. It's a HDMI handshake issue;

That requires a reboot of the AVR.

A manual HDMI switch may work. Just switch it so that the modulator can't see the remote TV's when you want to use 5.1 in the main zone.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom